• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Claas Is Here!!! (plus other pics from spring)

Anybody that ever ran a mower/conditioner around in circles (rectangles...:hihi:) would agree but actually it's more like a drag race. At least the pro stock level...

I cut with irrigation tracks, round and round at 12mph but I still can't cover the acres that thing does.

Source Unknown

The cougar is a beast, but didnt really catch on. Theres a few of them running around but not many. They are very expensive and actually too big for many fields. The lower cost of 30' triple mowers and the fact you still have a useable tractor has been much more economical for many people.

I have a lot of gopro angles from running our mower this year just need to get the video together. I wanted to get new shots from 4th cutting since we cut at 15mph versus the slow 8mph I had to do through 1st cutting due to how heavy and flat it was. But I ended up missing 4th due to being in the hospital.

Since I have to take it easy this fall Im planning on getting some good go pro angles during corn silage and hopefully making a nice video. However none of my computers can handle the video quality the gopro makes haha. Oh well.

The Cougar mower heads are pto driven.

Here is a picture of the two mowers we use. One mower can do as much as 40 acres per hour.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1378964748128.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1378964748128.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 7
  • uploadfromtaptalk1378964771155.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1378964771155.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 6
  • uploadfromtaptalk1378964801377.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1378964801377.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 6
  • uploadfromtaptalk1378964825406.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1378964825406.jpg