• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Claas Is Here!!! (plus other pics from spring)

durallymax

Reaction score
Showed up awhile ago actually, but it is here and we have chopped about 220 acres of rye with it, starting 1st crop alfalfa next week.

We traded our 7350 Deere with 686 Corn head and 645B pickup head on a Claas 940 with an Orbis 600, PU380 and Scherer H.P. Processor.

First impression, awesome

Second impression, very nice

The whole farm is on cloud nine in some way, everything on it is just soo much nicer than the Deere.

Its soo much quieter, easier to work on, reliable, and all around built well, and customer service is 100 times better than our Deere dealer. The salesman actually comes out and runs the machine and knows how to teach you everything about it, also knows how to fix enough of it too, and carries tools with him. Dont see that everyday. Parts are sent by spee-dee to us or drop-shipped, though we havent needed any yet.

The Rock Stop paid for itself during rye, must have stopped for 100 rocks, apparently the rocks werent picked to well. Sensitivity was set all the way down which we learned was baseball sized rocks were the smallest it would detect. Still sent a lot through it and opened up the cutterhead yesterday to check the knives, and they didnt look bad at all compared to what the deere wouldve looked like.

I was happy because I dont have to sit under the cab to fix it, or lay underneath it. Plus its very quiet.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: in my book

out with the old

IMAG0017-1.jpg

in with the new

IMAG0135.jpg

Me cutting Rye

IMAG0126.jpg

Me merging

IMAG0128.jpg

the bagger(580hp) (custom chopping job,not our bagger)

IMAG0127.jpg

chopping

IMAG0129.jpg

transferring manure between tanks because I blew up a spindle/hub (balzer tank on left)

IMAG0107-1.jpg

whats left of it

IMAG0108.jpg

oops

IMAG0112.jpg

the sprayer after 70,000 volts went through it, not too bad. But it has all new tires now and runs fine

IMAG0130.jpg

Digging some dirt with the loaner JCB before it blew up.

IMAG0106.jpg

If you like all of this follow us on facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Endres-Jazzy-Jerseys/235166462844

70,000 volts through the sprayer.. Now that is not normal.

I don't know what half that equipment does, but I like it. Claas is a German machine? Sweed?

The operator acccidentally folded it into high voltage lines.

Claas is German, John Deere and New Holland are made very close by and Krone is made there too. So all SPFHs are made in Germany.

Claas builds nearly every part themselves, and Linde also helps build some of the hydraulics. Claas also owns their own railroads.

i thought Claas originated in Belgium?

That is some serious equipment there!,I would hate to have to make the payments :skep:
I used to drive that stuff years ago(was a bit smaller back then).
I got the job of fixing it too when it broke down.:agreed:
I like my life a whole lot better these days(just haying 300 acre);)

the correct shade of green now resides in the shop! looks pretty nice. if its like all other Claas' I am sure she will be a great machine.

i thought Claas originated in Belgium?

That is some serious equipment there!,I would hate to have to make the payments :skep:
I used to drive that stuff years ago(was a bit smaller back then).
I got the job of fixing it too when it broke down.:agreed:
I like my life a whole lot better these days(just haying 300 acre);)

Claas has always been in germany.

I forgot about Fendts SPFH that they just released, the Katana. Its also made in germany.

Starting to knock down hay tomorrow.

We are also waiting on our New GEA Houle 7300 Gallon Tri-Axle tanker with 5 shank dietrich injector to show up, and we also have a new Roto-Mix 620-16 mixer that is waiting to be installed on a T800 Kenworth.

Well at least you keep the economie going!

I knew fendt is German,a custom outfit in Holland i worked for as mechanic had a few of them.

Put up about 800 acres of hay this week, started cutting monday, finished chopping yesterday.

Cutting 130 acres tomorrow for chopping monday, and all of 1st cutting will be done.

Some of the crew. To keep up to the chopper we have those two big wagons, 3 other smaller wagons, a 22' straight truck and a 40' spron trailer for the semi. We have five 30mph+ tractors available that can be put on the wagons. For even further jobs we hire in other semis and park some of the tractors.

You can also see the two push tractors on the pile, it takes all they have to keep up to the chopper while still maintaining a good consistent bunker with good density. We consistently place in the top few percent for bunker density in our area because of the attention to packing.

IMAG0137.jpg

Pumping hog manure

IMAG0132.jpg

Beautiful!! That is rear wheel assist too, right?? Is there a rear hitch, in case you need to pull a forage wagon behind it, like if shorthanded??

Yes it has rwa. It does have a hitch but we never hook wagons to it, to much waste of time and hassle.

In post 11, I dunno if it's perspective or what, but that Claas makes the other tractors look like toys. How tall are the front tires thereabouts?

Just perspective. But they are 6' tall, the ones on both of the agcos are taller though

Pushing and Packing silage is the most boring job i ever done,it got real old after the first day constantly turning circles and seeing the same scenery going by without let up.
I used to do that for 3 weeks straight 4 yrs in a row,i had a hell of a time staying awake after the first day. :20:
The only exitement i had was that one day the clutch on the tractor failed to disengage :WTF:when i was building and packing a corner 20' high up and i allmost went head over thea kettle off that pile.:eek: Luckely the blade caught on the concrete walls or i may not be writing this.:eek:15:

I finnished the pile without the clutch(broke fingers)anyway.( at least it made me stay awake)

Last edited:
I dont mind pushing during corn silage because it goes where you want to go. But I hate pushing haylage.

Its not too bad when there is two of you on a pile thats 180' wide by 240' long. Plenty of room to play around.

New tanker showed up today. Its a Houle EL48D-6100 or in laymens terms, a 7300 Houle. We opted for the new option of getting the larger 850/50R32 Galaxys and heavier axles to go with them for the floation and wear benefit. Its one beautiful tanker IMO, now im getting it dirty though.

We also got a Dietrich 5 Shank injector on it.

Heres a few pictures of it.

IMAG0146.jpg

Steering

IMAG0147.jpg

Self leveling suspension

IMAG0148.jpg

Awesome setup. I take it you guys custom haul manure also? Never a slow day around your place it looks like. ;)

Back