• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Chevy 1500 Turbo Four Banger For 2019

Personally, I'd be all over aluminum for the rust protection, alone. The abuse on aluminum argument goes away with aluminum semi dump trailers. For the guy that wants a tow motor to be able to drive on his, he gets a thicker floor, but it doesn't change to steel. for the guy that wants to keep from beating up the sides, it gets plywood on the inside that can be replaced. Regardless, it doesn't have to be abused. It's a matter of choice.

For personal use perhaps. Oil field workers during a boom you hire what you can and ignore little s#it like beating a pickup. The bigger problems are "do you have a valid licence?" That leaves you 2 of 10 applications followed by "Drug test" maybe you can hire someone eventually.

The new cupholder cut out of the dash stands out. We would roll the windows up for the weekend. You see drivers got paid to clean out the equipment at the end of a shift. They got a reminder of sorts Monday AM when they didn't. :vomit:

Didn't help that the pickup earned more per hour than the labor it delivered sometimes.

Accountants will pick the cheaper base model so bed options are a hard upsell. RAMbox comes to mind.

Of course there are aftermarket beds that outlive pickups in commercial use.

For personal use perhaps. Oil field workers during a boom you hire what you can and ignore little s#it like beating a pickup. The bigger problems are "do you have a valid licence?" That leaves you 2 of 10 applications followed by "Drug test" maybe you can hire someone eventually.

The new cupholder cut out of the dash stands out. We would roll the windows up for the weekend. You see drivers got paid to clean out the equipment at the end of a shift. They got a reminder of sorts Monday AM when they didn't. :vomit:

Didn't help that the pickup earned more per hour than the labor it delivered sometimes.

Accountants will pick the cheaper base model so bed options are a hard upsell. RAMbox comes to mind.

Of course there are aftermarket beds that outlive pickups in commercial use.

The last line here is exactly it, combined with the accountants comment. Having owned the truck equipment shop for a few years, and having worked out of work trucks from stock pickups to well equipped service rigs is why I have the attitude I do.

If someone is broke as hell and can't spend the money, then they need to spend the labor and take care of their stuff wit extra caution.

If a person or company is going to buy a $70,000 truck and load it carelessly or if time on the job is such a factor, they need to invest a few hundred dollars into being able to beat it up. and have it withstand the beating. If a person cant show an accountant that the cost of rhino lining a pickup bed is worth it for an outfit getting steel stuff thrown into the bed, they simply need to destroy a couple beds in the field in the first 2 years and when the bed needs a couple thousand to repair or replace it, the accountant should then catch on nicely. I have seen it in everything from mom &pop, government agencies, Coca-Cola sized (yes many actual coca cola as a customer situations) where manager "X" would come sit down with me, then when I asked the user for input or requests, management would wafer on it. I would say 80% of the time we would see the rig back with damage or lost production time issues within 2 years to get those upgrades requested by the worker. Of coarse this time the "while we are at it" price would go from $250 to over $500. The $1,000 is now $1500, and so on. Accountants (and management) learn eventually if the workers learn their company.

Back