• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Changed PMD still not right

Lol.. I'm going to try to get it in the mail to you tomorrow morning.. like I said I have a couple of them behind the seat and I know they work... That way you can send yours back and get your money back for both of them and you'll know you have a good one so you can put the money into other parts and try to get her running

Had issue with post office.. evidently I didn't format the address properly.. it has been redone and reshipped.. they say the church should have it Saturday or Monday because I sent it priority mail..make sure pastor is watching for it

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190628-014157.png
    Screenshot_20190628-014157.png
    141.3 KB · Views: 6
P.s. the PMD I sent is brand new I plugged it into my truck for a little bit to make sure it didn't have any defectsand I mounted it on a heatsink...if possible mount it right inside one of the air holes in your front bumper.

Thank-you... I'm crying now...
I'll put it behind the license plate... To the right of the passenger air hole. Where the crappy Amazon one is...
I'll let Pastor know. He was out at youth camp this past week. South Padre Osland down by Corpus Christi. Schlitterbahn hosts youth camps from all over. My youngest daughter usually goes but missed out this year.
I'll let y'all know when I get it.

Had issue with post office.. evidently I didn't format the address properly.. it has been redone and reshipped.. they say the church should have it Saturday or Monday because I sent it priority mail..make sure pastor is watching for it
You're a good man Stoney.
Heather, I used to work a couple of weeks a month in Marion Co. but the contract ended. Otherwise, I'd have been happy to swing by as I passed Lindale often. Still, so I'm not 'that guy' Paul talked of in James 2:16, I'll be sending you (VIA Pastor Williams) an Innova #3123 OBD-1 Code Reader. While it's just a basic boogie unit, it is new, never been used, still in original packaging and has the manual. I sold my OBD1 truck before I needed the scanner and forgot about it. So, from the Paveltolzer's to you, I sincerely hope it does you some good. I'll get it in the mail Monday.IMG_1510.JPG

Last edited:
My pleasure ma'am. I hope it helps.. if any of the guys disagree with me please chime in..would it hurt anything for her to try starting it without the resistor in? Again I'm only asking because when I tried putting a resistor in mine I had to fight with the plug to get it to snap in. And the truck ran like crap.. I didn't dare try to move it.. so I took the resistor back out and have never had one in it And she runs like a beast.. it's just a thought..but again you guys have more experience than I do so please chime in before she goes trying it.

Pull the resistor! Get the red beastie back to baseline. Use a straightened paper clip with a 1/4" bend at one end to form an "L" to work it out. Once the truck is running right, then start playing around with 'improvements.'

Side Note: the OBD-1 reader should be at Pastor Williams' on the 5th.

Was able to use a phone and snapped a pic of the old one... No resistor... So none in new one. It started up right away when Hubs and the girls got it on. But still odd rpm's and black stinky exhaust. Thinking I need to bleed the fuel filter again. Not sure the so called "mechanics" did it right the first time.
Once I do that if its still giving fits I'll record and post.
Thanks for all the help guys. I so want to be a happy big truck Momma.
Edited to add AGAIN... I was happy with it... Just want to get back to that point and add a little minivan sister for her...

As in not started at all? About 2 weeks. Having fits for almost 2 months. First rev'd high and billowed black smoke May 22nd. Sat for a week til I got it home. Got Amazon pmd memorial day, O'Reilly's one on the 5th. Ran decent the 6th til hit 55+ then rpm's ran away and had to break hard to get under control. Sat for a couple days swapped back to Amazon pmd, replaced app, ran decent 1 evening took to AutoZone and ran diagnostic (clean, no codes) that was a Saturday. That Sunday started it and ran iffy, rpm's never "settled". Changed fuel filter Tuesday June 11th and started up rpm's jumping from 800-1500. Took new app off and returned, needed the money. Sat since then.

Got the pmd home and installed. Thinking I need a pedal assembly too because it just revs high (4000-4500) and won't come down... Black exhaust too. And gonna get a new wire harness for the pmd. My "original" disappeared.
Should I try putting the resistor in?

Pretty deep... At least up to her belly. Other trucks on the road were belly deep. I know the tailpipe was under for a bit. It was maybe 100 yards or so across.

Back