• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Centermount turbo setup on a k3500

Wow, ok so apparently it's been a really long time since I've updated this....

Not much to update though lol. I bought a farm last summer and spent most of late summer/fall working on equipment and combining crops. Then I bought a bunch of cattle and been playing catch up since then. The truck blew up sometime last fall and it's been sitting ever since.

I worked some more on the center mount setup, but then abandoned the idea and was going to just use all of the van center mount pipes and manifolds. So I have two mostly built center mount setups, but neither complete. I have essentially had zero time to work on it since last year. I am having the blown engine pulled now, hopefully I'll get some time to work on the center mount setup soon. But since it's spring, I am back in the fields again. So time will still be scarce for the next month or so. I'll post updates as they come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was re-reading this and saw the hummer/van intakes swapped backwards. Does this cause any clearance problems with the IP?
I had been thinking of doing this when I fit my intercooler so I have a little more space for interrupting the post turbo plumbing. Plus it puts the engine intake closer to the chargecooler.
I did a thread search but anything using words like "intake" or "msnifold brings up every single post ever. Lol

Your stirring up memories Sand. With db2 it sure makes throttle controls difficult to reach compared to the other intake. Cant imagine too bad with ds4.

@3500_6.5 how about your clearance? Any progress on this project?

@Burning oil Way back on page 1 you said you started on yours. How far did that go? The longer my hummer is down the more I dream of a big boy turbo for when it gets back on the road.

All the fight for intake manifold, anyone ever just used a flanged nipple and 8 little silicone hoses? Other than stupid looking, why not?

Ive been waiting for cooler weather and time. I am swamped all the time now. I don't get to do the fun stuff as much as Id like. I actually have both dog houses off the Hummer now and have been eyeing it up. So should have some progress soon.

What do you mean by "flanged nipple and silicone hoses"? I tried searching nipple and silicone, but you would not believe what comes up :)

Wow - forgot to proofread what I was posting to you Leroy.

The truck lower intake has the 2 rear runners in the way along with part of the center circle area. The hummer/ van runners are huge and way intrusive.

I was meaning if instead of a normal intake manifold a set of small hoses that feed air to the intake valve ports so it would make more room for larger turbos to fit.
Ill have to go look at the other block/heads in my garage tonight after Work to see if it would help.

I was re-reading this and saw the hummer/van intakes swapped backwards. Does this cause any clearance problems with the IP?
I had been thinking of doing this when I fit my intercooler so I have a little more space for interrupting the post turbo plumbing. Plus it puts the engine intake closer to the chargecooler.
I did a thread search but anything using words like "intake" or "msnifold brings up every single post ever. Lol

I ended up not using the van intake manifolds. I put the stock truck manifold back on. I am actually using the original upper and lower truck intake on the center mount setup now.

I will get some pictures when I get the chance. I had an issue with the 1.7 rockers I was using so I had to send the 1.6s back to get repaired (bc of the clearance issues they had originally) and am running them now. Put about 450 miles on the truck since the engine was in. Have a few more things to button up but so far so good after the rocker swap. I’ll get some more updates posted when I get more time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back