• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Catching blow by

Same here. At least slow it down some.
Also shocked Bison tried a provent. I thought he was born venting to the atmosphere.;)

And surprised on the 12:00 vs 3:00. Air flow huh?

That was a somewhat sizable investment to test your hunch.

Minor investment as it was just one 90* elbow that was replaced.

My guess is that gravity is his friend. 12 o'clock position would tend to run any liquid back to the catch can.

Perhaps. I did notice that the rate of oil collection increased after the vent relocation to 12 O'clock.

Am tempted to add a stainless scrubber to the can.

It cant hurt, unless you dont secure it good and let it scrub the blades...:woot:

Well, I'm funny on my home planet.

Seriously, its worth a shot. The more oil you can keep from burning theough the intake the better. Send your oil through the IP and injectors where it belongs is my theory.

Perhaps a vacuum/pressure gauge ran to an old oil fill cap to monitor whats really happening, hose theough the window for test driving.

Really we just dont want any pressure in the crankcase. Not sucking oil fumes is great- but if seeing any pressure (most likely during boost) is the concearn.

A guy could test multiple areas to learn highest vacuum point, but a larger hose pulling more volume less pressure evacuates more, and makes oil coalesce easier. So the highest vacuum point may not be needed. I wish someone would hurry up and invent the vacuum/ pressure inductive meter- haha.
I found that any tubing w/smaller ID than the factory CDR tube can increase case pressure to the point of making the rear main leak.

I connected my setup to the intake today to see how it does. I'll look for some scrubbers to add inside the can until I find a reasonable provent.

Got it close to 12 o clock orientation
IMAG3734.jpg

Sent from Tapatalk

Back