• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Calling all pro obd1 tuner experts... I found something interesting!

taken a look of definition file EC_v016.xdf
and it is not well defined, table with error in rows and columns description also....
is better for you use the file $EC.2.xdf

or other better defined XDF if you found

for high idle you can change the value in table
if you like 1200 RPM or more for low outside temp

you can trasform your "S" to "F" engine also

you can use the BXPY you have (used in suburban F engine)
must block EGR to air intake, unplug the 2 EGR solenoid, and
you have an "F" engine

taken a look of definition file EC_v016.xdf
and it is not well defined, table with error in rows and columns description also....
is better for you use the file $EC.2.xdf

or other better defined XDF if you found

@alex1234 , I don't know anything about creating or editing an edf, but would there be any way to convert the table measurement in the $EC.2.xdf to show all values in PSI instead of KPa or temp in degrees F instead of C? most if the measurements are in imperial and some are shown in US based measurements. it would be nice to be able to have TunerPro convert them to one or the other.

you wouldn't have a definition xdf that is all one type of measurement style?

pressure is shown to Kpa because GM adopt this unit for pressure.....GM scantool show Kpa for pressure, your inside oil pressure gauge are rate to Kpa, so this is for semplicity. make a simple conversion Kpa to PSI before change value on table

temperature shown in C° vs F° can not stop you to make a simple conversion for change value on table

I would also like some tables that show Kmh vs Mph ... but this is it Mph vs Kmh....i make a simply conversion before make change on table

after all it's quite simple .... don't let these little things stop you

@alex1234 I just ran across this definition file online searching for something else. it was bundled with several others for different vehicles. since you a more knowledgeable with the xdf files. would you kindly look at it and see if it is better defined for our trucks?

Attachments

• $EC.zip
    7.8 KB · Views: 4
$EC.xdf have nothing more of $EC.2.xdf
think is a revision of the original $EC.xdf but have the same tables, flags, scalars.... nothing was added
for that i would prefer the last revision $EC.2.xdf

some definitions are missing that perhaps did not exist at the time the file was released, or negligible definitions that were not introduced

if you work with BXPY.bin this definition file $EC.2.xdf is perfect

you can make all the major changes, I don't think you need anything else more

Last edited:
Back