• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

California Emission LBZ HELP PLEASE!

I heard of Daneville, Kory Willis, and ridgerunner. Those are my three choices if I go the EFI Live route. I tried looking up Daneville Performance and can't find LBZ Tunes. Does he not make tunes for LBZ anymore. If so what website is reputable for Kory Willis and Daneville Tunes?

I would call and ask him. With all the crackdowns on tuning, alot of companies are not openly advertising anymore. Kory does ok tunes, but most agree he has grown so large there is no real custom to it with him. Everything is done through text or email. What you're after isn't difficult. I could do it all for you if you weren't on the other side of the country.

http://www.danvilleperformance.com

FERM, thank you. I appreciate that you would hook me up. All I hear about is Danville and Kory. I see a lot of Kory tunes for sale but no Danville prices any where. His website just shows EFI Live for LML's. I will try call. I hear great things about Danvilles tunes and customer service and how people go in person but I just checked, he's about a 23 hr drive away. Haha!

I will call Danville right now. I think they close a bit late. Thanks again.

Ferm, do you know why my truck hasn't limped yet with my DTC's I got from the finger stick and blocker plate? Do I need to worry about limping? Because its been 2 days now and I have punched it on the free way and idled and started my truck a ton and no limping yet.

You won't limp it as is. I suspect a marginal connection on the FS is your issue but neither will cause it to limp. If you're going EFI then the FS comes out anyhow.

Thanks again everyone for helping me out. I think i set my mind on just doing the finger stick and EGR blocker plate along with a 4in muffler exhaust system and HyperTech Max Energy. I have been pretty pleased with the performance and fuel mileage its been giving me so far. Plus i dont really got the money for EFI Live any time soon. We do have emission testing here, so im wondering whats the best set up to go with for my exhaust.

Do you guys think just a cat back system, or 4in all the way with muffler? is there even a big differance in sound and performance running stock straight pipe to 4in cat back muffler exhaust system than a 4in muffler system and just adding the stock cat every year for testing?Im trying to think of the best way to clamp my 3 1/2 cat back on every year and I dont want to flange it becuase of cost and finding someone to weld it and what not. I really dont want to put the cat back where its originaly and i dont know how to work around all the curves near the cat to reuse it every year. Any ideas?

I’m in CA and they made me replace the 4” pipe to the Cat with the OEM 3” size on my ‘99 K2500 Suburban. They pulled diagrams that spec’d that. So every 2 years I have to swap this piece in for the test. I also have to take off the ATT, put back the GM turbo and vac pump and put in a stock ECM. It’s a PITA, but I’ve got the process down. Soon I will avoid this by registering the truck in Montana.

Sure glad I don't have to worry about that emission testing, my diesel truck gets the same inspection that my gas truck and my wife's vehicle gets.

Back