• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Brakes 1996 K1500 Suburban What are good local options?

I am not the go to guy for upgraded brakes, sorry.

The factory calipers alway last way long. I would stick with factory, idk if dealership can supply still- or call willwood, brembo, etc and see what they offer. All there stuff is usually better than factory.

Advanced auto and the like are for pinching pennies when needed or for not critical items. Brakes- nope. Heard WAY too many problems like yours on calipers from fastfood parts stores. I used to get mine there too.

Powerstop? Umm? Pass. Hell, punt if you have to. No. Forget playing Guinea pig.
Willwood and Brembo are when you buy a $150,000 machine and want the upgraded options. Powerstop probably wishes they could get sold in Walmart.

I am not the go to guy for upgraded brakes, sorry.

The factory calipers alway last way long. I would stick with factory, idk if dealership can supply still- or call willwood, brembo, etc and see what they offer. All there stuff is usually better than factory.

Advanced auto and the like are for pinching pennies when needed or for not critical items. Brakes- nope. Heard WAY too many problems like yours on calipers from fastfood parts stores. I used to get mine there too.

Powerstop? Umm? Pass. Hell, punt if you have to. No. Forget playing Guinea pig.
Willwood and Brembo are when you buy a $150,000 machine and want the upgraded options. Powerstop probably wishes they could get sold in Walmart.

Generally, the Powerstop brake stuff has been good. Also AC Delco stuff has been good.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Especially frustrating with the computer locking up non stop

Part of the reason I end up doing stupid stuff like getting parts from a parts store. I know better.

Last edited:
Back