• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

blazer's progress

Yeah those style half ton rears you have are pure junk. Trust me it's no fun when it blows and the wheel+axle pass you on the road. Lose 'em and lose 'em fast. 8 lug 3/4 ton are more than adequate and readily availble in a nice cheap rotted out gasser late 70s truck. Try to get a Dana 44 front if you can. Better turning radius than the 10 bolt and better diff. They will bolt right in.(well actually need bigger u bolts and the top plates for the rear diff)

Hey all. Here's the latest progress on the blazer.

She's pretty much done save for the TV Cable replacement and swap to the "J" code intake manifold. I may do a set of Hummer exhaust headers down the road as well. I"m sure i'll find other things to fix. I'm planning on painting the truck gloss black after i totally finish the body work. you can see the driver's rear wheel well has some rot i have to tend to as well as both sides behind the door/rocker panel area. i still have to finish painting the floor inside as well as change out the hinge pins on the driver's door.

Here's two more videos. instead of posting pictures this time i was bored so i tried my hand at windows movie maker. I've found that it's just one more thing to add to the list of "stuff i need to practice" ):h

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBnH_7ZfiOI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o3rCdvSQXg

Looking good. Your right, that Blazer starts like a dream.

Thanks :D I was planning on painting it gloss black this weekend, but i can't spare the funds right now. After winter i think a nice Pearl Black would look good. :D

I'm amazed that the direct drive starter can kick that motor over effortlessly. Just wait until i up my grounds to the same diameter cable. :willynilly: I found out today that 3/4" spilt loom just fits over these cables. They are quite hefty.

Something else you may wnat to do when time allows. I just jogged my memory today. These trucks have a tendency for the frames to crack around the steering box. Many opions on why but Mine is the stupid shouldered back two bolts with the spacers. I have watches tiny craks eminate from the flxing of those spacers putting excess pimpointed pressure on the frame. My "belief" and has proven true for me owning many of these bodystyle is to can those two bolts . Put in short ones with grade 8 thick washers and the frame will not crack. I have owned atleast 8 of thse typ trucks, all lifted, not had a single on crack.

Dave, You have your old DB2 or did you ship it back ? I have to change the shaft seals on mine and would prefer to have a gineau pig to take apart first being I have never dissassembled on before. I'll pay for shipping.

Dave, You have your old DB2 or did you ship it back ? I have to change the shaft seals on mine and would prefer to have a gineau pig to take apart first being I have never dissassembled on before. I'll pay for shipping.

Still have all 4 of them here somewheres.

Back