• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

blazer's progress

The spray cans of bedliner work really well, especially for anything that is not a flat surface, or has some contours.

Just don't get the cheap knock off stuff, get the real 3M or comparable.

The stuff i've seen is "duplicolor" brand. Not cheap either. i believe it was $9 or $10 a can. I'll hunt down the 3M stuff. i'm sure that some store around here has it.

The stuff i've seen is "duplicolor" brand. Not cheap either. i believe it was $9 or $10 a can. I'll hunt down the 3M stuff. i'm sure that some store around here has it.

IIRC the 3M stuff is even alittle more than that.

I have never tried the Dupli Color stuff but their products are usually pretty good!

What about he herculiner roll on stuff? Anyone ever tried that? I can barely afford to do this once, so i can't have the stuff peel up and look like hell.

Nice project, looks like my bronco.

I hope your bronco has less holes in it. This things a big project. Hopefully tackling rockers and right behind the rockers today. unfortunately i think i'm gonna have to use bondo for right behind the rockers. i hate bondo. :mad2:

Bondo is your friend, Dave!!

Looks like this is a job for the 20 gallon can of Bondo.
Lay her on extra heavy, that way the rust will take longer eat through.:D

Bed liner is sprayed on with a gravity feed gun, I have seen them cheap on line.

I would see what the price is to just get a cheap gun, and the gunk to shoot out of it.

Since you are on a tight budget just price out the cheapest route.

I have seen the stuff that rolls on. Some guy at hood put it on his truck, he did a crappy job our it just looked like shit!

Dave do not use the herculiner stuff. I used the herculiner roll on crap, and it started peeling within the first year. WIll never do it again!!

Bed liner is sprayed on with a gravity feed gun, I have seen them cheap on line.

I would see what the price is to just get a cheap gun, and the gunk to shoot out of it.

Since you are on a tight budget just price out the cheapest route.

I have seen the stuff that rolls on. Some guy at hood put it on his truck, he did a crappy job our it just looked like shit!

That reminds me... 3M makes a product called Body Schutz, kind of pricey, but I have heard good things about.

Bondo is your friend, Dave!!

Looks like this is a job for the 20 gallon can of Bondo.
Lay her on extra heavy, that way the rust will take longer eat through.:D

Hopefully it won't need much bondo. I'm repairing everything i can with steel as far as holes and corners and such. it's the areas right behind the bottom of the door(not the rocker area but just behind that) that have some rot to them.

On the bright side the passenger side now has a solid rocker panel again. :D

Have to do the driver's side this weekend at some point.

well the holes are no longer holes. just a few to go. the fuel filler area and a small spot on the passenger wheel well where it meets the floor.

Back seat's not going back in until i can get the snapped seat bolt out.

I registered and insured it. hopefully i can take it on it's first legal test drive in 11 years tomorrow. i'm keeping my fingers crossed. i said i would've taken that test drive today, and the day before that. one of these days. ):h

no more pics?

working on it. gotta see if it'll drive properly first. first real test of the 700RJunk trans other than 1st gear.

The patch on the driver's side didn't come out too bad, and actually forms a corner. the passenger side nothing would stick. it was just burning right through even on the lowest setting of the welder. I managed to make something fit, but DAMN does it look like garbage, but it's better than that big hole i suppose. i have to get some seam sealer for the welds so i can full seal water/snow etc out.

It's Franken-blazer. ):h Full of "scars" from being brought back from the dead.

That is way too much work. I would have swapped the cab. I am in the midst of a similar welding project. My 93 L8000 looks even worse. If I could have found a decent cab I would have chucked it. Your parents are gonna kick your A$$ when they get there adjusted electric bill....:D

Hey Dave, Here was mine. 6.2 of course. Tossed the half ton junk station wagon rears and dropped in a nice 14 bolt and dana 44. A must do IMHO.
http://www.dieseltowingresource.com/album.php?albumid=486&pictureid=4348

I've said it before and i'll say it again. DAMN is that one nice blazer.:drool5:

I'm planning on the 1 ton axle swap when i swap in an SM465/np208 transfer case when the 700RJunk lets go. at some point i'd like to run 35's on it so the axle swap is a must. especially considering the stock axle's have 3.08s for gears.

Advanced Auto has duplicolor undercoating on sale right now 7$ can.

I picked up a spray can bedliner from walmart for about $7 a can. i can't remember who makes it for the life of me right now. Rustolium perhaps? The stuff is fantastic to say the least. Once it's cured for the 24 hour period it's hard as a rock and does not come up without a good bit of effort and a hammer and screwdriver.

Back