• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Big T

Well I have been thinking about running stacks on T for awhile but since it would cost bed space started looking into dual tailpipes. After looking at the Diamond Eye site I got the idea to use the 02-07 D Max dual tailpipe pieces. So I just ordered both sections for both tailpipes from Summit. For a y pipe I used a Dynomax y since it was $20 bucks cheaper than the Diamond Eye piece. Nice thought with it being a simple bolt on, reality was far different! It took about 8hrs on Saturday another 2hrs on Sunday but I got it in. Had to do a little cutting and pasting and the passenger side pipe is closer to the tire than the drivers side. From the rear they look pretty even. May have to rework the driver side a bit on another weekend. Also removed the muffler- never ran a 6.5 straight piped and I like it. Surprisingly for the most part it seems quieter. I also noticed a bit of drop in EGTs and it does seem to rev a bit freer. Finally I got to play with the new welder. This is the first I have ever been able to weld with gas at home and it rocks. Takes MIG welding to another level.

Attachments

• IMG_0908.JPG
    IMG_0908.JPG
    107.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0907.JPG
    IMG_0907.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0909.JPG
    IMG_0909.JPG
    121.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0920.JPG
    IMG_0920.JPG
    137 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0925.JPG
    IMG_0925.JPG
    125.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0922.JPG
    IMG_0922.JPG
    135.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0921.JPG
    IMG_0921.JPG
    184.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0923.JPG
    IMG_0923.JPG
    144 KB · Views: 8
Thanks Jorge, It is indeed an equal opportunity coal roller!!!

I love the duals and I love the sound straight piped! I need to adjust the passenger side tailpipe so it better matches the drivers side- another project for another day!

That is awesome! I love the duals, nice work. I wish I had that kind of room in the back, but mine is all full of fuel tank.

This is the first time I've read through this thread and it makes me even more excited to get my Moose pump from Conestoga.

I am using a fuel pressure gauge from Summit that is Summit brand. It seems to work fine, but don't have anything to compare to.

That is awesome! I love the duals, nice work. I wish I had that kind of room in the back, but mine is all full of fuel tank.

This is the first time I've read through this thread and it makes me even more excited to get my Moose pump from Conestoga.

I am using a fuel pressure gauge from Summit that is Summit brand. It seems to work fine, but don't have anything to compare to.

Thanks!The sound with the duals and the straight pipe flat rocks!

I have been very happy with the Moose Pump and Conestoga Diesel. They are only 4hrs or so away from me- I had them set my timing after install. Finding a shop down this way that knows, understands, and works on 6.2/6.5s is hard to find.

Now that I have the Walbro, Leroys LP harness, and the turbo secured (I feel kinda stupid on that one) she runs great. The fueling issue seems to be cleared up now that the turbo is secured but I have not really gotten into since that repair. Did hit 15lbs of boost the other day with plenty of pedal left and she was smooth as silk. Looking at the Glowshift gauges now. Thinking about a fuel pressure gauge and an intake air temp gauge. That way I can answer the fueling question once and for all.

Thanks!The sound with the duals and the straight pipe flat rocks!

I have been very happy with the Moose Pump and Conestoga Diesel. They are only 4hrs or so away from me- I had them set my timing after install. Finding a shop down this way that knows, understands, and works on 6.2/6.5s is hard to find.

Now that I have the Walbro, Leroys LP harness, and the turbo secured (I feel kinda stupid on that one) she runs great. The fueling issue seems to be cleared up now that the turbo is secured but I have not really gotten into since that repair. Did hit 15lbs of boost the other day with plenty of pedal left and she was smooth as silk. Looking at the Glowshift gauges now. Thinking about a fuel pressure gauge and an intake air temp gauge. That way I can answer the fueling question once and for all.
I wish they were that close to me, they're 9 hours away from me, one way. I'm likely going to buy one of those diesel timing light adapters and set it to a spec that they recommend, at least to begin with.

I didn't notice it in the thread, what do you mean "turbo secured"?

Turbo secure- well in the old forum format that I would have given myself the diesel retard smiley! I will be brief, basically installed the a- team last October on T. Started noticing a strange sound in late December last year and around this time I threw a serp belt. Replaced with a new and it still occasionally squealed. Not always, not consistently, just a random annoyance. All gauges read fine, still built boost. The just recently, right after installing the duals, the noise got really bad. This time when I went looking for a source I discovered all 4 turbo mounting studs had vibrated out. The turbo was sitting on the exhaust manifold only secured by the dp and the air intake. Made a noticeable difference after replacing all the missing studs and securing the turbo.

Turbo secure- well in the old forum format that I would have given myself the diesel retard smiley! I will be brief, basically installed the a- team last October on T. Started noticing a strange sound in late December last year and around this time I threw a serp belt. Replaced with a new and it still occasionally squealed. Not always, not consistently, just a random annoyance. All gauges read fine, still built boost. The just recently, right after installing the duals, the noise got really bad. This time when I went looking for a source I discovered all 4 turbo mounting studs had vibrated out. The turbo was sitting on the exhaust manifold only secured by the dp and the air intake. Made a noticeable difference after replacing all the missing studs and securing the turbo.
Ah....a head slapper moment for sure. We all have them....only some of us admit to them though :rolleyes:

Yep, damn thing it sounded exactly like a belt slipping. When it ate the first belt the belt left rubber on the pullies. Anyway going to pull the air box this weekend and double check the turbo bolts. The whole dog bites you once kinda thing.

Back