• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Better cold air intake via the Lowe's Depot.

Only pretty much the last three years. Lost the oil. Engine back in, lost the trans. Try to find a NP 205 cast iron t case for a 4l80...
Turbo leaking, new one, pump bad from fuel going bad from sitting, new fuel filtration and pump from fuel going bad. Drop and clean tanks, and so on.
Now if it's good, it's a 6.5 with a hx35/40 hybrid turbo, Water meth injected, overdriven, 1 ton towing monster.

To My experiences with them suction gauges, it takes a lot to pull them down, into the red.
I wonder what is going on with that, it appears You made a pretty nice system for a free flow of air.

If your pulling the intake side into that far of vaccum with a clean filter, the filter is too small or the tubing going from filter to intake is too small. By the diameter I saw, it point to the filter.

Do a 0-60 run with and without the filter in place and see if there is a noticeable difference.

Less smoke= more air allowing fuel to burn. So if there is a noticeable amount less, that means the filter or the plumbing is still holding back.

Of course, no telling how much worse it was before you made that change.

Back