• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Better cold air intake via the Lowe's Depot.

Nessmuk

Reaction score
Went to Lowe's and bought a filter housing and cold air intake.
I put a 4 inch toilet flange on the empty headlight cutout with hardware cloth over it. A 4 to 7 inch duct adapter onto that. A piece of 7 inch duct trimmed to length into that. A 4 inch outlet cone filter is good fit into the duct. I used gorilla tape to hold it in. A piece of 4 inch dryer vent elbow with the two ends cut off to the filter. A short length of 4 inch down spout hose. Another elbow cut down. Rubber 4 inch coupler to the turbo. Hose clamps x4. I used duct tape to hold it together. You need to trim the duct so that the filter extends into the 7 to 4 inch adapter, but not so far it bottoms out and blocks it off. There's just enough room to point the two elbows at each other. The CDR valve can be plumbed in with a grommet and 1 inch PVC elbow into the duct, just prior to the adapter. That way it comes in to the outside of the filter. I put short pieces of 1 inch rubber hose on the CDR and elbow, with small shop vac hose wedged over that. It made the CDR plumbing easy. "I had the hose laying around."
I hope this may help someone. It all comes in pretty cheap, under 50 at least for the filter housing and cold air intake.
Nice tin snips help a lot. They sell some by Weiss that are USA made and work well.

Dude. That's a good tough looking truck. I like it.

The filter setup looks like it belongs in there.

I like the rear bumper to

The rust and rattle can paint patina, plus a pressure treated bumper, add a bunch of decals... Paint the engine five colors, camo seat cover, boat vent air scoops... Big ol bias play tires on rusty rims, extra lights, mirrors and horns... Happy redneck:)

Gauges:
3 temp, water, oil, trans. "Crap china that don't work".
Manual water temp.
3 fuel, left, right wmi
Oil pressure
Trans pressure
Volt
Tach / hour meter
Boost / pyro
Trans controller has tach, temp, gear indicator, manual shift mode and 4 shift programs, but I only use one.
Speedometer is in the GPS as the oem didn't work with the 4l80. GPS also has a screen with trip meter, speed, Max and min speed, and does routing based on vehicle type, car, rv, truck. Has live traffic updates when in cities.
The switches are left to right.
Switch panel power on off on with battery or ignition.
Floor courtesy lights
Front LED light on off on with high beams or just on.
Reverse on off on with shifter or just on.
Power outlets on off on like the first switch.
WMI on off with boost switch.
Electric fans on off on with temp switch or just on.
Map light LEDs in the bottom of the switch panel.
Fuel tank selector.
All the switches have LEDs in red, red blinking, green, yellow, blue or white that indicate the switch position.
The warning lights in the switch panel indicate the reverse lights are on, and when the WMI is spraying.

Last edited:
Back