• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Banks Sidewinder vs GM 6.5 turbo setup

I actually did TD but my problem now is from what I have gathered is my 6.2 has the heads where the injectors point away from the valve covers and the 6.5 Manifold itself will hit the injectors. I looked at my 94 and the heads are definitely different and I really can't see the sense in swapping heads on a motor with 58k. Seems the Banks is the way to go although I was curious if the ATT bolts to the Banks manifold. I was considering calling Banks and seeing it I could buy the manifold alone. I could have the pipes fabbed and to be honest I know they work fine, but I don't love the way the turbo connects to the 6.2 manifold. I was thinking about using a Banks with an F intake of a 6.5. I saw a guy who had a 1/4 inch spacer laser cut for the manifold to clear the injectors but he had the 6.2 in a Landcruncher. In the CUCV the manifold barley clears the frame now. I don't think a 1/4 inch is feasible. The ATT would be a good choice with the Banks though if it would work cause I could have Dennis make me a straight pipe off it instead of the 90.

I talked to a guy on DP who used a 6.5 manifold with the same heads I have . He said he had to grind the manifold and the two middle inj line nuts. I don't love that but he was also using long inj so I still don't know if short ones would do it.

Aces, I was on ebay a lot today and their are some brand new 6.5 manifold sets. Also a brand new GM set of 6.5 pistons, not that you need pistons, but I'm just mentioning it as I saw a lot of 6.5 parts.

What all OEM-kinda parts do you need? I'll keep my eyes open.

I have Manifolds. My problem is they hit the 6.2 injectors. There was a Banks setup I was bidding on and I f'in missed it by 5 f'in dollars...Went for 480$. I'm feeling pretty postal right now towards eBay...:mad:

Back