• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Auto-Leveling Airbags?

Ed HD

Formerly: Dad's 05 LLY
Reaction score
Starting with this thread: http://www.thetruckstop.us/forum/showthread.php?41462-Might-be-looking-for-a-box-truck

(Cliffsnotes: Looking for an ECLB Duramax and enclosed trailer for our business)

I was thinking about getting a set of AirBags for this truck, since it will be doing a lot of hauling, but I won't always be doing the driving, and training people on how to level the truck out with bags would just be a chore. Is there a kit that has self-leveling built in that doesn't cost an arm and a leg? I don't mind doing the install, even if it involves a bit of cutting or welding. Just wondering if/what anyone else has. Doing a bit of looking, looks like AirLift has a kit that somehow senses level, not necessarily suspension height. Not sure if that's what I want either...

I saw that one, glad I looked at their site. I thought maybe it was a mercury switch type device. Looks like it's a magnet that bolts to the axle, then the sensor wants to get the magnet back in range, whether it's above or below the spring. Interesting. Price is pretty good as well. Looks around $800 for that kit and their bags.

If you get ready to buy AirLift let me qoute you a price. I just bought for my truck the 57216 air bag kit and the heavy duty compressor 25854. I've been very busy filling orders, making parts...ect, but should have time soon to do a write up.
This kit has the compressor onboard and is controlled inside the cab. Each bag can be individualy controlled.

You're a dealer for 'em? I'd definitely go through you.

Looking at 25415 for the compressor, 57275 bags.

I have no idea were to find one. But, I have a friend who does have one. He claims it can run air tools.

It is a military HMMWV air compressor. It is on the HMMWV's that have the CTIS.

I have been looking on ebay but been unable to find one.

Hmmwv compressor is single stage, oil less. Not high volume. It can run air tools, but you have to be patient and add a air tank. A 2 cylinder reed compressor or two stage compressor would be better for air tools. They require A LOT more than airbags.

Install a YORK A/C compressor. They have there own oil reservoir built in, and make soem good air. Plus you can get them with an electric clutch to turn it off and on. Theres even kits out there to mount one in the spot for the 2nd alternator on a DURAMAX.

x2. I have a good York on my shelf to go in my Hummer (which has the ctis w/ compressor). It is a far superior system to the ctis compressor. My only problem is how tight it is under my hood.

I'd do that on my own truck, not in what the next Duramax is going to do, lol.

Sent from Behind the Pine Curtain

You're a dealer for 'em? I'd definitely go through you.

Looking at 25415 for the compressor, 57275 bags.

Well it will be Monday before my supplier is open to get a good qoute. Not sure if I'll be able to beat Amazon though. There retail price is $3 higher than my cost at this point. So I need to get with my supplier and see what I can do.

Back