• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Australian Nissan Patrol conversion

GUTruk

Reaction score
It could still be called a truck of sorts but not as big as your rigs over there !
Conversion from a TD4.2 in line six and 5 speed manual box to a LMM 6.6 Duramax and matching 6 speed Allsion (out of a Silverado or similar I believe). A local company - PID Diesel does the conversion. Drive in drive out.. Great work too..
Approx 500 RWHP on top tune (he has bigger ones too) which is not too bad in a 2.7 Tonne Ute !
No DPF or anything, 5" stainless custom inlet snorkel and 4" stainless exhaust. Also fitted with phase 2 garret Turbo so I can get ready for bigger tunes.. It totally transformed the old Patrol and I love it..
attachment.php

attachment.php

Nissmax (640x424).jpg Duramax Decal 2.JPG

Those things are pretty popular down under it seems. Seeing ALOT of them pop up on the boards the last few years.

It could still be called a truck of sorts but not as big as your rigs over there !
Conversion from a TD4.2 in line six and 5 speed manual box to a LMM 6.6 Duramax and matching 6 speed Allsion (out of a Silverado or similar I believe). A local company - PID Diesel does the conversion. Drive in drive out.. Great work too..
Approx 500 RWHP on top tune (he has bigger ones too) which is not too bad in a 2.7 Tonne Ute !
No DPF or anything, 5" stainless custom inlet snorkel and 4" stainless exhaust. Also fitted with phase 2 garret Turbo so I can get ready for bigger tunes.. It totally transformed the old Patrol and I love it..
attachment.php

attachment.php

View attachment 47584 View attachment 47583

Welcome! So is this one yours?

Looks like an awesome vehicle!

I'm afraid your going to have to do more pictures. Let's see more details on the truck, as well as the camper. Sorry for the added work;)

Reactions: NVW
That is an awesome build well thought out too.

A 5" or 6" oval snorkel pipe would do well on that 6.6..........

Last edited:
Thanks for comments ! nothing like that 6.6 exhaust note .. We have a heap of Toyota Landcruiser V8's over here (4.5L) and most drivers think they are drag racers.. They just dont have a chance in hell against the 6.6 ! Actually its amazing what you can blow off the line as the bottom end torque and 60ft time is outstanding, even with minimal work on the Engine and tune. No doubt the free flowing inlet/exhaust does help. Tire squirm is definitely an issue when the pedal goes down haha..

That's an awesome truck for sure. Some great skills to stuff it in there as well.

Back