• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

ATT and KOJO tune for my 97

1 and 3 are the same really, just that 1 is dirty, looks like mine did when it was seaping oil out the slit that my turbo clamp made. Although I think they tried painting that one.

#2 is what I was describing before with hump couplers. Alternatively you can purchase foot long 4 ply silicone hoses that are slightly flexible.

The ATT does not have a heatshield, but Walking J now sells that turbo blanket you can put on it. It looks really nice.

You cut the stock upper intake plenum back about 6". A silicone hose is provided with the ATT but I and some others have used a couple hump silicone couplers and a piece of 2.5" pipe to connect them. Otherwise you can also find long 4 ply silicone hoses that would be more durable and smoother on the inside, but cost a little bit more.

Buddy,

Could you post a photo of that hump tube/pipe setup?

I've got the tubes, just want to see what others are trying. Thanks.

I can offer the straight silicone hose as part of the kit but I didn't like the way the ends fit on the intake and turbo after the offset from side to side and top to bottom.

If the hose was just offset to one side I would have no problem with straight pipe but the height offset concerned me especially when the hose gets hot in the summer. I would like to see a picture of the straight silicone pipe on the intake.

Last edited:
The hump couplers and pipe is what is already shown on the Walking J site there with the alipine green intake and pipe with blue hump couplers. I dont actually have the long 4 ply silicone hose, just saw that you can buy them a foot long.

Ed,
I for one will be interested to read how much better the truck feels with the ATT and tune in comparison to the build that you already have. Please post the results when you get some.

Cheers
Nobby

Ed,
I for one will be interested to read how much better the truck feels with the ATT and tune in comparison to the build that you already have. Please post the results when you get some.

Cheers
Nobby

I will obviously post my comments when I get one. Not too sure on when it'll be though. I'm hoping the Canadian buck will double in value so I can get the turbo for 50% off. In the meantime anyone know where I can get a long extension cord for this turbo. :hihi:
6209858_Main.jpg

Last edited:
It is an A team turbo. I am pretty sure it'd be a copyright infringement if someone used that pic without walking J's permission. I only posted the pic cause walking j is a site supporter. You can see the pics in their ad. http://walkingjdesigns.myshopify.com/products/6-5l-diesel-turbo-charger-a-team

Yeah, I know it's an ATT. I was just surprised to see an ad with this exact same photo. As I read the article, I suspect that it might be a misrepresentation. The ad says it's off a 2001 6.5. With that pic. Which has a passenger side AC compressor.

Well I could offer a straight hose if it turns out that the bends are not that bad, does it look professional. Pm sent.

as for fixing up the silicone hose, does anyone know if these will fit http://cgi.ebay.ca/Silicon-Hose-Double-Hump-Coupler-2-5-63mm-RED-/380310073021?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item588c3f2ebd I am thinking I will cut the intake tube back 6 inches as mentioned earlier and use two of the couplers with a 2 inch section of the cut intake tube in the middle so it looks like the picture where I said I preferred version 2. The turbo sock arrived today, Have yet to see the turbo...... Hmm wonder if the turbo is taking longer cause whomever is carrying it has to stop for more rests since it weighs 41 pounds. Ed

That double hump connector should work, although the pictured one was single hump, and most likely 4-ply vice the 3ply on ebay. It might take a 4-5" piece of the intake to couple them together, or just a 2.5" common exhaust pipe or intake piping.

Back