• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Appeals Court Rules that Ford Committed Fraud With Respect to the 6.0

It has given slot of people many a good diesel truck for a bargain. The 6.0l in stock form had many a problem, but much like the 6.5l, the aftermarket has made it into a pretty good engine. Yes, it costs some money, but you can turn the 6.0l into a pretty good engine. I'm surprised there isn't more talk if the 6.4l and lawsuits with as big of a turd as it has turned out to be. Everybody I know who wrenches on them would gladly take a 6.0l over a 6.4l.

It has given slot of people many a good diesel truck for a bargain. The 6.0l in stock form had many a problem, but much like the 6.5l, the aftermarket has made it into a pretty good engine. Yes, it costs some money, but you can turn the 6.0l into a pretty good engine. I'm surprised there isn't more talk if the 6.4l and lawsuits with as big of a turd as it has turned out to be. Everybody I know who wrenches on them would gladly take a 6.0l over a 6.4l.

Problem in CA is smog: you can’t pass if you do an EGR delete. They know the game and will catch you.

Downsize the motor by ~18% from the previous power plant, increase the power output by ~10%, and slap emissions taxation on it as part of a last minute scramble to barely stay ahead of regulations. IIRC, the advertised tow capacity was increased by 40% too. Naw, not a recipe for disaster at all.

Were it not for the 6.0 fiasco, the DMax would not have gotten as popular and as quickly as it did. Just say-in ;)

In the end, common rail injection won that diesel war as even CAT got out of the HEUI game (for highway applications).

Downsize the motor by ~18% from the previous power plant, increase the power output by ~10%, and slap emissions taxation on it as part of a last minute scramble to barely stay ahead of regulations. IIRC, the advertised tow capacity was increased by 40% too. Naw, not a recipe for disaster at all.

Were it not for the 6.0 fiasco, the DMax would not have gotten as popular and as quickly as it did. Just say-in ;)

In the end, common rail injection won that diesel war as even CAT got out of the HEUI game (for highway applications).
Ford was trying like hell to stay ahead of GM in the numbers game. The 1st Duramax may have had injector issues, but it flat out blew the 7.3l and even the 5.9l Cummins of it's day out of the water. And the Duramax came out in 00 for the 01 MY, the 6.0l didn't come until early 03, snd it had a cult following before the 6.0 even hit the lots. They all knew common hpcr injection was better, they just didn't want to pay Bosch royalties to use it.

Back