• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

anyone wanna help write a basic tune for my truck

I didn't think you had a switch Tim?

the switch I gave you was a dsp2...
I still have that switch, I came across a DSP5 switch that had pins so that got me to thinking about running a EFI Live tune. Nothing crazy as this is my bread and butter truck. I just want to have something I can use when the time come to it. I actually want to get a spare ECM to use and leave my stocker alone for insurance....

I haven't forgotten yeah Paul. I'm working on it now. I swapped it over to a 6006 OS, but there is alot of things in it I think need to be changed. It looks like I may have been better off starting from scratch and built up a tune that way for you.

Hey Ferman...

I had some parts come in later than expected so we did what we could for now and will have to put off the swap until Steve has time again for it...I just hope the truck holds out for now...the logistics end of it just didn't work out like it should have...but when life gives you lemons you try to make lemonade...

Thanks again,

Pepp

Well ,you should have the first tune in your mail now. And I'll try and get the one I'm building up done for you by next week to try out. His tune looks like it may lope a bit, so I'm reworking the pulsewidths and timing tables for the base tune to try and make it as close to stock as possible for your oversized sticks. Then I will build the DSP files off of that one. It takes a bit of time though to do a custom DSP5 tune file when you can't just use the basic scripts included in the software. I got a bit burned out earlier, so you can see in OT what the end result was. I started to post it up here and say I tried out your new tune for you.

The 2 tunes should be in your inbox Pep. I sent one for an LB7 regulator and one for an LBZ regulator. I changed it from the other tunes I sent you to try and mellow out the cold engine timing advance so that the 5 tunes should play better together when cold since there is so much differrence between them. I'm sure they will need some tweaking, but try em out first. I would keep it on 1&2 for the first 500 miles though if it was mine. Avoid towing in 3 or up due to the timing in them.

1.mostly stock HP output
2.strong tow tune with moderate timing to help manage engine temps
3.economy tune with high timing at cruise, but still a good kick up top
4.HOT
5.GO BABY GO!

Thanks ferman...with any luck we'll be running tomorrow evening...
Yesterday I worked on it until Midnight from 8am

today I worked on it from 7am until 8pm...

Steve took off work tomorrow so we could get this thing finished...talk about a helluva guy and a great friend at that...

I'll let you know how it goes if we start er up tomorrow...

Thanks ferman...with any luck we'll be running tomorrow evening...
Yesterday I worked on it until Midnight from 8am

today I worked on it from 7am until 8pm...

Steve took off work tomorrow so we could get this thing finished...talk about a helluva guy and a great friend at that...

I'll let you know how it goes if we start er up tomorrow...

Just don't go hitting level 5 for the first drive, your new bearings and rings may NOT thank you for it. And we WILL require video here of it. I hope this tune is pretty close for you like it is. I'm sure it will need some tweaks, but from all the tunes I have of that simliar set-up I helped tune, it should work pretty well.

Back