• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

anyone wanna help write a basic tune for my truck

Pepperidge

Member Advocate
Reaction score
So in the coming weeks I'll be working on FINALLY getting the motor built and ready to install...

but upon startup I will need a basic tune that wont harm anything until I can figure out what I can afford to do tuning wise...

this rebuild is not stock and will require a few things done differently based on some upgrades that will be in place for the build

Keep in mind I just really need something that will get the truck back on the road after the swap:

The main thing affecting the need for a new tune is

40% over injectors
42%
over Industrial injection LB7 CP3
HTT 66 turbo
Rick Lance cast flows and up pipes
the rest may or may not affect a basic tune
Ceramic Coated de-lipped LB7 pistons
Carrillo Rods
twin lift pumps
there is a lot other mods that I don't think need to be listed but if I need to post them just let me know...

Let me look, but I believe I have a hot tune for a set of 45% over injectors I helped somebody else with. You said it has a 42% over LB7 CP3, but what regulator are you running? LB7, LB7 ported,LBZ, or a LBZ ported?

The regulator comes with the pump...I would assume it is something industrial injection already has modified???
I guess I should call them to be sure...

I looked and I still have it. It's a race tune for 45% over injectors. I also have a small break in tune that I need to look at as I believe it is for the same truck. Most likely the B1010 table will have to be tweaked to your pump to make it idle smooth.

Just got off the phone with II

it's going to be 40% over tips and a 42% over LB7 Pump with a modified new LB7 regulator...

I'll try and get the 2 tunes I have for a simliar set-up emailed to you. The one is a basic break in tune that he didn't run for long, and the other is a full on race tune that dyno'ed at 586HP at the wheels with a 64Mm turbo.

Thanks Ferman...I really appreciate it... I'll be glad to give the race tune a try after a good break in period...were a few weeks out on completion depending on the machine shop and I'm sending the heads to II for the screw in "torque Lock" injector cups...

I got the break in tune ready for yeah. You just need to put your VIN in it and tweak the speedo. I had to transfer it over to another operating system as it was built on one that was proven to be troublesome to the guy I got it from. I just need your email as for some reason my AOL dumped most of my contact list recently.

PM sent...Thanks Ferman :)

I'm mostly interested in having a truck that drives without issues again...so who knows...the break in tune may be my permanent tune...and maybe I'll eventually play with hotter tunes...

I just dropped off everything today to be balanced and the short block assembled...it should be ready the week before Christmas...the heads with torque lock cups, injectors and CP3 should be ready about the same time...Steve has the week after new years off so we're shooting to do the swap then...

PM sent...Thanks Ferman :)

I'm mostly interested in having a truck that drives without issues again...so who knows...the break in tune may be my permanent tune...and maybe I'll eventually play with hotter tunes...

I just dropped off everything today to be balanced and the short block assembled...it should be ready the week before Christmas...the heads with torque lock cups, injectors and CP3 should be ready about the same time...Steve has the week after new years off so we're shooting to do the swap then...

So you want to be able to drive it without stopping every 25 miles to empty the jug back into the reservoir huh?

I got that DSP5 tune from teh guy today, when I get through tuning this LBZ I'm doing I'll get it converted over to a 6006 OS and send it to you. I know you will need to shim your pop off valve for it in it's current state. DO you want me to drop the rail pressure back down in it?

a lot of LB7's never exhibit the pop off and code...but we will be shimming it...

Anything more than 180 and they can pop is what I was told. I know I popped mine at 175 on a small tune. I know his one hot tune runs a solid 180MPA of pressure on it from the logs of his truck. As soon as I get this LBZ done I'll get it swapped over for yeah and emailed to you.

hmmm.....wonder if I could have you do a DSP5 tune for me....I have the switch and all I need to do is figure out how to install it and presto....instant HP

hmmm.....wonder if I could have you do a DSP5 tune for me....I have the switch and all I need to do is figure out how to install it and presto....instant HP

For an LB7 a DSP2 is a better option I think. The 5 speed TCM doesn't take well to power level changes on the fly, and the LB7 doesn't have teh turbo brake ability like the LLY+ have. The LBZ+ does pretty well to changes on teh fly since it bases it's tuning off of a torque value for how it shifts, so if you take the time to modify the torque to throttle table instead of your pulsewidth table you can keep it shifting pretty good even when you switch tunes. I'm still fascinated by how all this tuning works, and just what all you can do in a few minutes time to change how one runs.

Back