• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Anyone have the Peninsular Diesel glow plug controller wiring diagram?

@Hink. The desired waterpump is a spin on fanclutch, not bolt on.
Plugging the holes in the bumper allows less air to the cooling stack and can cause heat issues. In snow land some people get away with it, but no one in the desert does.
When is the last time you removed your cooling stack and cleaned out the debris and dirt?
Something else but my train jumped the tracks.

@jrsavoie If you can look at the fuel and tell it is not diesel by sight alone, it is not filtered correctly. See how clear Hink's is? That's mandatory.
Not really an issue. I'll never WVO. Only processed bio.

He said he has had some problems related to the WVO. But the payoff was well worth it. At this time I can't abide any problems. So I do what I can to avoid problems, even if it costs me some.

Around here WVO is hard to find anymore. Used to be the restaurants paid to have it taken away. Now they get paid for their used oil. I had a friend with a restaurant that had his barrel sucked dry. When they came to suck it out, It only had about an 1/8 of what it should have

Wvo in short supply here also. And yes, whenever anything changes there is always a learning curve. Sometimes we are lucky enough to learn before the wrenches come out, somethings not.

Buying pump diesel, you are in a fuel experiment now, whether or not you knew it. Notice a few years back I was saying a fuel pressure gauge is a nice idea, but lately I've been beefing a drum hard about it. Has a lot to do with the type of stabalizer being added to ALL diesel nation wide currently.

Higher methonal content. Alcohol is lighter, sustains less pressure, and is easier to get pulled into a vacuum than heavier fuel.

Seeing the pressure drop is going to keep you from allowing damage to the ip to occur.

Got it. They're cutting that heavy, sour, Tarsands crude with methanol to get its specific gravity to that of diesel. What's the cetane rating like, or does the methanol artificially bump it up?

Specific gravity does not apply. Hydrocarbon molecule count, flash point, cetane, and cloud point are basically all that counts.
Yes, the methanol bumps it up. Not really artificial, it just the net sum. If I could buy diesel without any methonal in it, that would be my choice.
It still hits all the mandated ratings required. It's just more potential problems

My 3 cents.
I ran WVO for 60K miles and loved it. Like Hink my fuel bill was the largest, I cut it to basically zero. Saved many thousands of dollars. Any possible problem you may have in theory such as a gummed up IP are far off set by the savings, so even if you have to put a new IP in every two years let say the fuel savings was worth it (but I never had that problem) hell I could buy a new engine if needed every year with the savings. I have very minor issues and was probably my fault. The main diesel line between LP and FFM plaqued up on me, but I was mixing WVO in the main tank 50/50%.
The WVO system was trouble free for the most part. It was a home built system.

My theory is "convert the truck one time not the fuel every time" I looked into BioD but its was to much work to convert the oil every day or two. With the WVO let it sit for as long as you can. I had a large supply and could let it sit 6 months before I needed it. Then filtered it in a drum, recirculating it in the drum for 4 hours on a timer. The pumped through a couple more filters on the way to the trucks tank. Of course had even more filters on the truck.

My 3 cents.
I ran WVO for 60K miles and loved it. Like Hink my fuel bill was the largest, I cut it to basically zero. Saved many thousands of dollars. Any possible problem you may have in theory such as a gummed up IP are far off set by the savings, so even if you have to put a new IP in every two years let say the fuel savings was worth it (but I never had that problem) hell I could buy a new engine if needed every year with the savings. I have very minor issues and was probably my fault. The main diesel line between LP and FFM plaqued up on me, but I was mixing WVO in the main tank 50/50%.
The WVO system was trouble free for the most part. It was a home built system.

My theory is "convert the truck one time not the fuel every time" I looked into BioD but its was to much work to convert the oil every day or two. With the WVO let it sit for as long as you can. I had a large supply and could let it sit 6 months before I needed it. Then filtered it in a drum, recirculating it in the drum for 4 hours on a timer. The pumped through a couple more filters on the way to the trucks tank. Of course had even more filters on the truck.
Almost exactly my experience and my thoughts as well.
I just drove 1350 or so miles to a job and it cost me $35 in fuel to get here, my boss gives me travel expenses of $600. And it would have been less except I forgot to switch to veg a few times so burned more diesel than I wanted.
My goal is to someday drive to Alaska for less than $50.

Back