• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

anybody try ''starbrite startron'' additives ?

dmaxx3500

Deputy
Reaction score
just found some at wally world, supossed to have some ''active enzymes'' to clean out tanks/injecters/filters,,,

Never used it in a diesel, but I know there gas additive is the ONLY additive I have found to combat E-10 and all of it's problems. It should be good stuff for diesels as well since it is designed for marine applications where moisture and bad fuel is a constant problem.

I use this additive in everything I own two or four cycle. So far no E-10 issues.

star tron.jpg

Last edited:
So am I to believe that this will reduce the fuel line deterioration problems I have on my 2 cycle equipment? Especially the Stihl saws. In Illinois, there is really no such thing as gas without a 10% ethanol mix.

try it in your diesel too

You go first. I'm a chicken......:hihi:

So am I to believe that this will reduce the fuel line deterioration problems I have on my 2 cycle equipment? Especially the Stihl saws. In Illinois, there is really no such thing as gas without a 10% ethanol mix.

My neighbor had a brand new string trimmer need a new carburetor in less than a year because of E-10 according to the shop that fixed it. I really started to use it for my sled more than yard machines.

The fuel when allowed to sit for as little as ten days, goes through a process where the ethanol separates from the gasoline in addition to condensation problems in cold weather areas. These issues create a problem that destroy engines when they run on straight ethanol from separation or ethanol-absorbed-by-condensation fuel. This additive seems to help eliminate these issues.

http://www.starbrite.com/sproductdetail.cfm?ID=1538

Interesting twist on how the water in fuel situation is handled. Just the opposite if Stanadyne. It emulsifies the drops into "sub-micron" size droplets and burns it with fuel. It states it eliminates the water crystals inside the filters causing icing or gelling.

Star Tron disperses bacteria, allowing the fuel filtration system to function efficiently. Reduces all emissions, including carcinogenic particulate smoke. Prevents fuel oxidation and stabilizes diesel chemistry for at least two years. Lowers fuel system maintenance. Eliminates carbon build-up on injectors and exhaust components. Increases fuel economy, especially in older engines.

Eliminates water in diesel fuel by dispersing it to sub-micron size that can be safely burned off during combustion. Because it treats water in fuel, Star Tron aids in fuel gelling issues: with the moisture removed, it cannot be converted to ice crystals at low temperatures that in turn can lead to fuel gelling. For severe low temperature applications, we recommend a pour-point depressant.

In our DMax common rail systems I believe a water suspension additive is a big no-no...:nonod:
However, I'm gonna get some and start using it in the auxillary equipment gas around here.

I have used it to help freshen some old gas. I like to use Marine Stabil in any and all gas that sits in a gas can or vehicle etc. And I try to make sure I seal all cans air tight all the time. Some of my plastic containers have swelled like a balloon and its impressive how much air exchange and evaporation they could have if left open if the temp swings lo to hi. I know its always been like that but seems today's gas is worse about it. I think the ethanol has a lower vapor pressure or something that encourages the seperation and outgassing???

Must be like some of that other STUFF (Monster Diesel) out there that claims to increase your fuel mileage and do wonders for your diesel motor.

Kinda like Snake Oil. ;)

Nah, The Startron stuff actually has some merit to it.
Unlike midget diesel ..... or whatever that swill is called.:D

Star tron claims it improves mpg, well I can testify it doesn't

It can in some instances. Take something that sits and gets varnished up, when you drive it it won't run worth a crap and gets poor milage. BUT once teh fuel system is cleaned out the milage will come back up. It doesn't increase the milage on a good running engine, but it will help to preserve it in an engine that doesn't get driven often. I personally use this stuff and found it to work very well in boats and antique cars that don't get driven often.

Yeah, it performs like a fuel stabilizer with a bit more. As it is suppose to freshen up old gas too. Its thinner consistency than B12 Chemtool or SeaFoam. Pours like Stabil. Stabil I don't think will freshen old gas. I don't know how Strartron works. I presume the enzymes they advertise helps break up any chemical chains that retard combustion and helps reform the better Carbon Hydrogen chains????

Something about ...
As gas ages the volatiles seperate and vaporize off and whats left are heavier hydrocarbon chains "oils/liquids" that reform? I think Stabil helps holds the volatiles in the compounds. Starton does this too but as I presumed I think it helps break up bad bonds and improves the gas. Anyway that is what I interpret from the advertisements.

Back