• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Any Tricks To Getting Off Stuck Rotor?

Mad Maxx

See, what had happened was...
Reaction score
Got the new Caliper on the Dodge to replace the one that was Sticking, but can't get the Rotor off now. It's on there pretty damn good.

E-Brake is off, Whacked it with a BFH from behind and nothing. Spun it and Whacked some more, and nothing.

Other than a Torch, which I don't have, anyone else got some Tricks?

Would it be safe to Spray some PB Blaster on it, or will it screw up the Pads / New Rotor when I put them back on if I don't get all the PB off?

Spray it with some blaster, and take an air hammer to it. I use an air hammer with a flat hammer bit in it, and hit it on the face of the rotor going around the studs. I've gotten some pretty stuck on rotors off this way. The hammerring on the face where the wheel sits works REALLY good to break the rust out that is locking it in place.

I'm not familiar with Dodge brakes. Are the parking brakes a drum within the rotor like the GM ones? Could the parking brake shoes be worn into a groove and holding the rotor on?

I'm not familiar with Dodge brakes. Are the parking brakes a drum within the rotor like the GM ones? Could the parking brake shoes be worn into a groove and holding the rotor on?

Yep, just like the GM's, so that's def. a possibility.

Just going by the title, maybe get a real sexy female rotor to dance around it?

Sometimes they put threaded holes in the rotors on the faces, designed so you put a bolt in there and crank it and it pops the rotor off. Any chance it has those?

Got it off yesterday, shockingly easy compared to the first round.

Pulled wheel, and sprayed in the Stud Holes with PB, then got the rest of the tools I'd need. That short amount of soak time I guess was enough, because the first hit with the Hammer and the Rotor started coming loose.

There was def some shit caked in there though, the PB that made it inside the Stud Holes looked like pudding / mud.

Something I learned working at a repair shop. Usually done when wheels are hard to get off, but it works for this too. A good wire brushing of the hub face goes a long way too.

Back