• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Any one interested in a group buy on HD/ Kodiak door handles?

Burning oil

LeroyDiesel.com
Vendor
Reaction score
I have a lead on some brand new GM HD/Kodiak door handles. The price is just awesome!! When I did mine (have a write up here somewhere?) they cost me twice as much as these. I paid over $100 each just for the handles.

In this new group buy I can sell for $55 each handle.
The linkage is seperate, but can be had for around $30-35 per side. (still working the details on that)
This is all brand new and GM parts.
These handles if you did not know allready are very much improved over the stock paddle type handle on our trucks. They are very solid.
Will fit the 88-2001 style pick up trucks. You can reuse you lock cylinder so you keep the same key.
Im going to put 5 of them on my Burban.
I believe I only can get 35 sets of these and then there gone.
Anyone? let me know.

I'm going to find the link to the write up I did and post it up next as it will have all the pictures....ect

pmdcable.com 007.jpg
1996blacktruck 012.jpg

Last edited:
:thinking: see post #1
Still waiting to firm up on the linkage rods and clips.

If I though they would look right on my 88, I'd be all over them. I was skeptical at first but the function trumps style with them. I love them set on my 99.

Don't mind if I throw a few of my picts of them up do ya?!
IMG_20110222_150704.jpg

IMG_20110222_150835.jpg

IMG_20110222_150633.jpg

Post away, thanks. I think they would look great on your 88, but I am bias.

One set is sold to another member.

Tailgate, for now. Thinking of converting it to barn doors later but thats a ways off.

I was just making sure so incase you wanted a third for the rear, but you have different tailgate handle.
I've got the barn doors on my Burb so will need 5 handles!!

Good news and bad news, but like always there is more than one way to skin a cat.

The linkage parts have gone up alot and brings the price of everything need to $65 just for those parts (not including the handle) Thats the bad.

The good news is the majority of the price increase was on the linkage rods from the handle to the latch below.
If you look at post #2 here http://www.thetruckstop.us/forum/sho...-on-my-pick-up (same as above link) you will see the pick up linkage is longer and is very close to the same shape, SO, it can be cut and a 90* bend put back in it. If you reuse this old linkage it will put the price of the rest of the needed hardware (not including handles) to $40.

So, were looking at $95 total for each handle. Only $5 more than I thought, but you do have to reuse 2 rods (one in each door).

So how bout it?

FYI: I paid back in 09 $150ish per handle w/linkages with my discounts,

Back