• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Any one interested in a group buy on HD/ Kodiak door handles?

Do they have GMT 800 mirrors with turn signals but no heat? Plain ol mirrors would be fine but turn signals would be great too since it will be towing often.

Do they have GMT 800 mirrors with turn signals but no heat? Plain ol mirrors would be fine but turn signals would be great too since it will be towing often.

I know they got the non power/heat/sigs in. I'll know more tomorrow.

(I would like to keep this thread on the topic of the door handles. Please PM or email me for more info about TTM. I am also going to start a new thread tonight about 9 or 10 Oclock in the exterior section of the forum. I will post a link here when its done.)

Just got an answer on the TT mirrors.

Following prices are per set for the 88-98 towing mirror:
Manual: $189.00 6 sets in stock
Power: $195 5 sets in stock
Power Heated: $200 1 set
Power w/Signal Light: $235 1 set
Power Heated w/Signal Light: Out of stock

I wanted to say that after a month or so of using these handles, my tendonitis has completely healed. My arms feel great. I wonder how much long term damage I would have done using my old crappy handles for many more years. This damn 6.5TD wont quit! :)

Sincerely thank you Leroy.

Oops, better update my signature, 145k turned into 156k just like that! Man these 6.5's are great engines.

I received a set of handles from Leroy yesterday, with front linkages.

For the Crew Cab trucks, we didn't think that there was a part number for the rear linkage, so Leroy figured out how to modify the existing linkage to work.

Well, after installing the passenger side tonight, I discovered that that latch linkage is identical to the front latch linkage. I had to get the handle on the rear door tonight, but tomorrow I'll take pics of the driver side linkage.

I talked to Leroy about this tonight and he may see about getting the latch link for the kit.

Obviously there is no need for the key lock cylinder linkage on the rear doors.

Are you saying That you use the Kodiak front linkage assy for the rear doors, or the factory linkage on the cc?

I've been interested in doing this for a while on my cc.

Yes. The latch link is the same for the rear. Identical.

That said, modifying the existing link was a piece of cake. Cut the rod off about 2 mm below the bend, measure down about 10 mm and make another 90* bend. Took me 5 minutes per link.

Ressurecting this old thread. Leroy, thought you used to have these on your website but with it down for a month, not sure. Got locked out of the Suburban yesterday (while it was running of course!) and the spare key did not work in any of the three doors. Had it and time for the Kodiak handle mod. Love to support the members if possible.

The stock GM handles are no longer available though my source, but they are carrying an aftermarket version now and the price is higher than the GM's were. The GM's were such a good price because they were a "buy out" of a dealer inventory. GM's might still be had? from local dealer but for more money I would think?
On the new aftermarket handles I will have to wait until I get back in town Oct1 to check a price.

Back