• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Another BD Quick Spool Valve Install with A/C

My bURB with 4.10's running 68 with the stock BPAC EPROM got 15 or so, and with the updated BXPY EPROM it got 17-18.

My '99 Burb with 3.73s, ATT, Heath GL4 tune, Bosch HO Marine Injectors, 4" exhaust and no soot trap, consistently gets 16 mpg at 70 mph. One time it got 17 mpg.

Sorry if it sounded like I was bragging or being rude, I was just surprised.

Just trying to explain some reasons as to why MPG varies and you shouldn't be surprised. MPG under towing load with the factory 6.5 turbo setup getting near gas engine MPG is a VERY sore spot for me.

Likely if you had a NA engine you would be seeing 24-25 MPG. I know of one 2wd 1500 6.2 burb that was getting 24 MPG. Our 1988 4x4 burb 1500 got 18MPG on high sulfur diesel back in the day. The BTU of the ULSD is lower than the old stuff reducing MPG...

Main point is the improvement to my vehicle in this area and specific to the setup I have. Driving habits didn't change.

Update:
Final answer to the hot under hood air intake on this setup:
I went back to the flat panel air filter assembly. I then cut the fender side of the air box at an angle by cutting off more at the rear. Tossed the plastic duct between the fender and air box. Doing this allowed me to wedge the air filter in place around the AC suction hose and fender with the air inlet open to the fender. Standard factory intake hose used.

Is it possible that Leroy's banks manifold would help w/ ac routing?

Source Unknown

The OBS Banks one moves the turbo forward and the line should clear. (Banks makes two designs.) I'll have to get measurements from Leroy.

Banks early design manifold puts turbo up front so a/c will clear, but then you have other obsticles to overcome.

Here are the Banks and stock. I was tring to hold the stock by hand and take the picture at the same time. The stock could have gone slightly more foreword.

DSCF1327.jpgDSCF1328.jpg

Is that the OBS Banks manifold? I was wondering if the Banks unit that is for the GMT400 units would flow better than our stock ones

I already did. Judging by the diagrams in the PDF's, I think the late model would flow better than stock. Can you get any Burning Oil?

I can get either one. I don't have a price on GMT400 though, would you like a price?

It looks like it would flow better than stock. I had forgoten the crossover comes up front. Only one cylinder to fight with from driver side.

It looks to me like the late model manifold joins from the back with the joint where it meets up a lot more flowing. Hard to tell from the crappy diagram. Any body got any pics of a late model manifold? And a price would be great

Here is the latest right from Banks.
"GMT400 kit is no longer available" nothing in the kit is made any longer unless it happens to be the same as early body style.

When I bought my early manifold a few months ago they did tell me GMT400 was still available, but now that Im actually having them check part #s....ect they confirm its a no go.

So get you early manifold while they are available still.

Back