• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Air Filter Numbers

RayMich

Reaction score
Yes! I get all my filters and maintenance items from them. They are very helpful. They even have the newer Power Core Filters in the blue media for a good price, if you have a 2006 and newer Dmax! I think parker/racor was making the AC Delco's!
What is the "Power Core Filter" for? Is that still a fuel filter or is it for something else?

Thanks.

EDIT: Sorry, I see that the Power Core is Donaldson's name for the new 2006 Air Filter, but I can't find it on B-Line's website.

Last edited:
The power core I was referring to is the name they use for the Air filter. It is like a honeycomb type. They have two different filter media, white and blue, the blue being the better filter media, but much harder to find. These are all 2006 and up.

Donaldson is the OEM manufacturer for the 06 and later. Donaldson fuel and air filters are as close as your favorite Amsoil Dealer!:)

I was referring only to the air filters, the blue Powercore's as being Donaldson OEM. I think they even have Donaldson printed on them somewhere IIRC.

I feel a little gay for quoting myself.

Yes Donaldson makes the AC Delco air filter for the 2006 and up Duramax. I recently bought one from our local Chevy dealer and the filter says Donaldson right on the media.
I just got an email response from B-Line Filter and they also sell the AC Delco air filter (A2947C) which I believe is the newest "Blue Media" filter, for $38 each. He said that they allow discounts for case quantities.
BTW, for comparison, I paid $60.15 + tax for the earlier version (White Media) filter at the Chevy dealer two months ago.

I had different numbers for the filters:

Air *2006 and newer only*
Donaldson:
P610875 (White) - P612514 (Blue)
AC Delco:
A2947C (White) - A3087C (Blue)

The 2947 is the white filter media.

The power core I was referring to is the name they use for the Air filter. It is like a honeycomb type. They have two different filter media, white and blue, the blue being the better filter media, but much harder to find. These are all 2006 and up.

I actually remember reading on the other site that the white ones were the newer and better ones. My '08 came with white, and the replacements I have purchased have been white

I had different numbers for the filters:

Air *2006 and newer only*
Donaldson:
P610875 (White) - P612514 (Blue)
AC Delco:
A2947C (White) - A3087C (Blue)

The 2947 is the white filter media.
This is quite interesting.

When I read your previous post, I just assumed that the filter I purchased 2-months ago was a white filter because the box says A2947C and I just couldn't remember. But I decided to go out to the garage and look.

Both my old and new filters have a Donaldson PowerCore label on them, they both say A/C DELCO A2947C printed right on the media, and both are BLUE.

My old filter has a date of NOV 05 and the new filter has a date of OCT 07 printed right on the blue media.

I suspect that Chromer might be right, and then the new filter would be the one with the WHITE media and would be the A3087C.

Chromer, could you check the filter on your '08 and see which part number is printed on it? Do you know in what way the new filter is better? -Thanks.

Attachments

• P0002876a.JPG
    P0002876a.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 16
  • P0002880a.JPG
    P0002880a.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 13
I thought I remember reading somewhere that the blue ones actually flowed better than the white ones...(?)

The factory '06 I took out last week was a Donaldson blue P605313 or AC A2947C.
The replacement I got from Eric was a white AC A3087C

I don't know which is better but I wish this conversation had happened 2 weeks ago BEFORE I paid $57 to my door for the new one:banghead:

Ah, well... Not like it's a huge expense.
BTW, I went 70k miles on the factory AF :eek: and have been through 4 tanks full since I changed it and I'd be surprised if my mileage went up more than 1/2 mpg.
As many have said, the filter minder is absolutely useless.

Nick: The blue filter media is far superior to the white, and it does flow much better! I have a spare filter in my garage, and I am going to check the number. Now I am confused. Here are my pics of the filters that I bought! :errr: :wtf:

Attachments

• DSCN7000A.jpg
    DSCN7000A.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 17
  • DSCN7001A.jpg
    DSCN7001A.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 12
  • DSCN7003A.jpg
    DSCN7003A.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Last edited:
Well, this is really confusing now.

I have two filters, both are A/C Delco A2947C, one is dated NOV 05C and the other is dated OCT 07C - BOTH are BLUE MEDIA filters.

RI Chevy Silveradoman's filter is A/C Delco A3087C, has a date code of FEB 07C and it is also BLUE.

Now btfarm says that the filter he bought last week has A3087C printed on the media, and the media is WHITE.

It appears that all of these filters were manufactured by Donaldson for A/C Delco. TWO different AC Delco part numbers and two different color media, but it does NOT appear to be related to the AC part number. WOW ! ! ! ! :wtf:

Well, this is really confusing now. I guess I'm not going to worry about it, since it looks like you could get either color media and either AC Delco part number for the same application and they don't appear to have any rhyme or reason for the differences.

Btfarm, do you know what the date code is on your old BLUE filter and your new WHITE filter?

attachment.php

Sorry PEPP! You are correct. - Can you split it off to its own thread? - Thanks!

Attachments

• AC DELCO AIR FILTERS.JPG
    AC DELCO AIR FILTERS.JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Date on the Donaldson blue is May '06. I'll have to take a look in the canister when I get a chance.
On edit... I looked at it. I see there is no date listed and it says MANN FILTER made in Mexico on it. WTF? I just got it from Eric in a fresh AC Delco box. Looks like some outsourcing going on. I also noticed right away when I installed it that it doesn't have the three legged reinforcing web on the engine side like the Donaldson did.

Last edited:
Date on the Donaldson blue is May '06. I'll have to take a look in the canister when I get a chance.
On edit... I looked at it. I see there is no date listed and it says MANN FILTER made in Mexico on it. WTF? I just got it from Eric in a fresh AC Delco box. Looks like some outsourcing going on. I also noticed right away when I installed it that it doesn't have the three legged reinforcing web on the engine side like the Donaldson did.
A HAAA! :errr:

All the filters made by Donaldson say that they are MADE IN THE USA.

Looks like the WHITE media filters are made in Mexico by MANN. :eek: :sick:

Very interesting to say the least.

:idea:Knowing nothing else, if I have a choice, I will try to get the USA made Donaldson filters, which appear to be the BLUE media.

Thanks btfarm!

B-LineFilter sells the BLUE and the WHITE media filters - $38.00 EA - with a small discount if you buy them by the case (6/case). But you have to request it by email or by phone, because the air filter doesn't show up on their website. I would make sure to specify that you want the BLUE media by Donaldson.

I'm planning to order some next week.

You have to ask Bline for the Blue Filter Media, and make sure you tell them that it what you want.
I called Donaldson today, and they are at a loss at what is going on with the different numbers. I advised them that I was going to send in the photos of the blue filters with the differnet numbers, and they could get to the bottom of it. They are stumped too! Go figure! :D

What is the difference between the round blue filters on the D-max, and the panel white ones like on our truck?

Last edited:
Back