• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

fuel filters

Which Fuel Filter Do You Guys Pefer?????

• Wix

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • AC Delco

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • AFE

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Whatever Dealer Puts In

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Baldwin

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Donaldson

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Fram

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Parker/Racor

Votes: 6 20.7%

• Total voters

jcool

#78 A(ACLU) FNG
Reaction score
I am curious what the diff between wix and acdelco fuel filters are. i can order a case of 6 wix for 23 dollars or 1 acdelco for 45..... :eek:ut:

Wow I always say AcDelco is the best. But if a company sold a junk product they would go out of buisness! I had heard good things about the wix filters. For that price Id get the wix and change every 5,000 miles instead of every 10,000

If you can purchase a case of 6 Wix fuel filters for $23.00 you might want to purchase a whole warehouse full, that's less than $4.00 a piece. It would be an easy way for you to resell them at a higher price, make some extra cash at a nice profit.

half the price. i'd still go for it. change it a little sooner. shouldn't be a problem.....

Oh ok I should of guessed! :rolleyes:

Ya I agree the wix isnt that bad. Maybe change it a little sooner if anything. ):h

imo wix makes a very good filter, using the same specs as OEM, however there was a report somewhere that stated in this case with GM AC Delco made the best filter providing the best protection for off the shelf filters, this included oil and air, wix was second and Fram was the worst...

Wix filters are good, but I prefer to use AC Delco, Baldwin, or Danaldson for fuel filters. All of the fuel filters, if purchased at the right place, can be purchased for $18-23 each. Even AC Delco. ;)

NEVER use fram. A guy on another forum I'm cut open a Fram oil filter, and it was all crap inside, cheap materials and just crap. Wix is good, that is what we replaced on our truck last time. on our truck we base that off of hours, and every 700 hours the fuel filter light turns on. That is why diesel trucks have hour meters, like diesel tractors and other implements.

Wix filters are good, but I prefer to use AC Delco, Baldwin, or Donaldson for fuel filters. All of the fuel filters, if purchased at the right place, can be purchased for $18-23 each. Even AC Delco. ;)
OK, Where can you buy the AC/Delco Duramax fuel filters for $18-23 each? I'll need to buy some soon.

Thnx.

yeah my bad I meant 23 a piece for the wix...

Wix filters are good, but I prefer to use AC Delco, Baldwin, or Danaldson for fuel filters. All of the fuel filters, if purchased at the right place, can be purchased for $18-23 each. Even AC Delco. ;)

Alright now guys share the wealth. :grouphug:Where are getting these filters for such a cheap price.

I know that you can get the WIX fuel filters for $23.19 each or less depending on how big your order is at FleetFilter. They give discounts (anywhere from 5% to 20%) for multiple orders and their break point are fairly low.

But I have not found a good place for the AC Delco fuel filters.

My last batch (6) I bought at GM Parts direct. Also try Blinefilters from Texas! There are a few others, but I seem to have my alzheimers acting up. Let me look deeper into this. Baldwins for $18, the AC Delcos are on the higher end due to the name! Parker/Racors for $18.10

blinefilter

Last edited by a moderator:
My last batch (6) I bought at GM Parts direct. Also try Blinefilters from Texas! There are a few others, but I seem to have my alzheimers acting up. Let me look deeper into this. Baldwins for $18, the AC Delcos are on the higher end due to the name! Parker/Racors for $18.10

blinefilter
You've a good one here. BLineFilter has the Parker/Racor PFF5544 (3rd Generation) fuel filter for $18.10 each. This is the cheapest I have seen theses. (I understand that Racor makes the OEM filter for GM.)

Do you have any experience buying from BLineFilter?

Thnx.

Last edited by a moderator:
I paid $25.13 each for my last 2 filters at the local dealer. They are not the old style either. A friend of mine owns the largest independant repair center in my town and lets me buy them on his account. I just pay cash for them.
I have never paid more than $37.++ for a fuel filter even before I got this pricing. I just chat up the parts guy and ask for the best price.

Bline

You've a good one here. BLineFilter has the Parker/Racor PFF5544 (3rd Generation) fuel filter for $18.10 each. This is the cheapest I have seen theses. (I understand that Racor makes the OEM filter for GM.)

Do you have any experience buying from BLineFilter?

Thnx.

Yes! I get all my filters and maintenance items from them. They are very helpful. They even have the newer Power Core Filters in the blue media for a good price, if you have a 2006 and newer Dmax! I think parker/racor was making the AC Delco's!

Back