• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Additives.

Here is a warning I posted in 2012 after an expensive battle with bugs in B99. I had B99 delivered in 250 gal totes and ran lots of it before this problem. I turned the State of AZ loose on my supplier and they failed badly. Main issue was wet totes. They even failed on high sulfur content. Regardless just like modern gasoline that turns to carb ruining gum in 6 months or less ULSD diesel spiked with bio diesel is a different fuel with different bigger problems than we are used too.

https://www.thetruckstop.us/forum/t...ulsd-and-biodiesel-this-can-affect-you.35096/

Been running B5-B20 since new. Almost 100% BIO in illinois... We are, after all, one of the biggest soybean producers... But in winter it's likely no higher than 5 because BIO gels much easier and why every tank gets additive when temps are below 30.

I run B-11. Power Service tech said to double treat it and doing that, I've never had a problem.

I'm thinking of ordering fuel very soon. Not sure if I should order winter or summer diesel and treat it myself. I've gone both ways. I don't like to wait until the weather gets cold enough,. Then I'll forget and have gelling going on

Back