• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

A Team Turbo

I have to say the reason for buying this turbo was a mpg improvement and increased towing. I don't think I will be disappointed. Less boost pressure with less EGT is an indicator of what I want. I won't find out for awhile until I pull heavy or go on a trip. This truck isn't driven daily, so the info may be slow in coming. As soon as I know you'll know. I don't mind less turbo whistle, It's just window dressing. I like it just the way it is. Leo

Too bad you aint up here. Got a dyno shop in charleston and myrtle beach. The one in myrtle does a dyno day every month and is very reasonable. Last time he did it he was charging $25 for 3-pulls.

Too bad you aint up here. Got a dyno shop in charleston and myrtle beach. The one in myrtle does a dyno day every month and is very reasonable. Last time he did it he was charging $25 for 3-pulls.

Waycross to Chasn ain't that far a drive, I mite have to travel a weekend. We have a shop in Ms not too far but he doesn't run dynos on weekend, and wants an arm & leg to run em $300.

Work schedule I'm on is pretty tough though to take time to dyno, then there is slim possibility it mite break on the dyno, then I'm out my only vehicle over here.

need to find out if they can do Diesels, shop in Mobile Al only 40 miles away doesn't have tach pickup do do Diesels, remember no spark to trigger the rpm pulse, so you need a optic tach so Hp & Tq will both be possible to collect

It would be interesting to dyno every mod. done. The problem is, anyone that is filthy rich doesn't drive a 6.5.

I tried to do it but could not find a local dyno shop willing to let me tie up their shop all day as I swap in & out parts to make changes they wanted me to rent the shop for the whole day even if their shop was empty they wanted full fare on the dyno, even though I would be on rollers for just minutes between changes, on dyno days prices for 3 runs are reasonable, but on those days it's 3 runs & next customer, no time to play.

need to find out if they can do Diesels, shop in Mobile Al only 40 miles away doesn't have tach pickup do do Diesels, remember no spark to trigger the rpm pulse, so you need a optic tach so Hp & Tq will both be possible to collect

Not needed on his dyno. Nothing is hooked up to your vehicle. I thought it was wierd too, but it works. He hooked nothing to my car except tie down straps. He told me he could tune my truck too. But I would rather leave that to the people who deal with the 6.5 everyday.

If I get one of these ATT's I will def do a before and after. But I still need a few other things, Especially the GL-4

Also, his shop is really slow right now so you could probably work a deal with him. He is really a cool guy. People from GA come up from time to time also.

dyno runs ain't free.

I say this with all due respect Tim - a turbo upgrade ain't free either....numbers help decision making....I know I would buy one if the power gain was significant (I could care less about economy)....

Last edited:
I say this with all due respect Tim - a turbo upgrade ain't free either....numbers help decision making....I know I would buy one if the power gain was significant (I could care less about economy)....

Gotta pay to play, beside I ain't selling em, amusing how many other things bought on blind faith ie SSD's 80hp that ain't making that, cold air intakes that suck in hot air supposedly making huge gains etc.; since you are a regular at the track maybe your data would be worthwhile, you could get one and try it if you didn't like it I'll surmise you could get your money back out of it.

I've bought 2 now on faith Mitsu & ATT, not really faith just doing the study it made sense to me that they would be better, and cost was less than any other option out there, I've got $1500 on a custom IC setup that no longer serves a purpose because prevailing wisdom at that time was it was required at maximize the GM-8 performance, different technologies now prove that wasn't necessarily so, at time it was a good buy for me, IMO the ATT is smarter money spent, I wish it had been around back then, but remember this turbo was never talked about as a race turbo, so I doubt of any interest to you, but hands down a far superior turbo for towing and mpg,

As far as power goes I can only attest that with GM-8, my pull 2000# 6x12 enclosed trailer last weekend to my hunting camp was a whole different driving experience, with ATT I lock cruise control and forget it boost smoothly adds power, vs hard spool up & down & downshifts to to make top of a hill, how much extra power I can only guess, possibly exact power, but it is derived better/more efficiently with ATT, with ATT dropping CR is not necessary, so one saves by not needing to lower CR, no aftercooling is necessary, and less stress overall on engine as boost does not have to be driven as hard to get the turbo to make up for lost efficency, and with improved mpg it can pay for itself.

Last edited:
We have not been pushing / selling the A-Team Turbo. The few people that do have or are going to get them will tell the unbiased story. I have spent a sizable chunk of my savings, to put this out for the 6.5 community. I did it because I believe that it is the true ticket for dependable power, won't hurt or stress our motor and is great for heavy or light towing. Having run a gm 4 and 8,with a 400.00 dollar (a little more than half the price of an ATT turbo) home made intercooler that works at 84 % efficiency, then the ATT with intecooler, towing a gross combined GVW trailer and truck of 27, 28 thousand, then running the ATT without an intercooler, has opened my eyes.

My engine has stopped leaking oil and it is exceptionally smooth towing any load. Cruise control with 27 thousand plus in fifth gear: has to be something to it. Time will tell if it is the ticket or not, public opinion will make or break it, I / we don't sell junk, our reputation is at stake, and only we can compromise that, and we won't. I could care less if we sell any more turbos. But improved fuel mileage, with increased efficiency: I would say that is nothing to poo poo, at today's diesel prices.

The Turbo was not rushed out, and if it had not been for Turbine Doc believing in the project, it would never have been available to the public.

People like NVW and a few others will be the true judge, of the turbo kit's merit,and how well thought out the project was.

Slim Shady and Tim,
Anything more come from you sending a turbo to Bill Heath. I am tire kicking this idea in conjunction with a GLE chip. I am planning the chip first just wondering if I'll need to reprogram the chip if I then install the ATT? I am loving the idea of no need for the cooler, I have been putting this one off as I really didn't fancy doing it.

cheers
Nobby

My old GM-4 turbo worked fine but my IAT's were high. I was going to intercool it but to me this is a better choice. When I pull with it I'll know for sure. I also didn't think I needed more stuff under the hood taking up space. Now to get it running in this cold. Leo

So whats so great about this A team turbo? Lower IAT, lower EGT, maybe more power and better fuel economy?

Slim Shady and Tim,
Anything more come from you sending a turbo to Bill Heath. I am tire kicking this idea in conjunction with a GLE chip. I am planning the chip first just wondering if I'll need to reprogram the chip if I then install the ATT? I am loving the idea of no need for the cooler, I have been putting this one off as I really didn't fancy doing it.

cheers
Nobby

Turbo is there, actually there twice, 1st time it went there I screwed up and when I put expanding foam in the box to protect it, it blew past the tape I had covering the drain port and filled the turbo with insulating foam :mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2: had to go out and be taken apart-cleaned-built & rebalanced, then outlet pipe got lost in shipping :mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:, then we found out it wasn't direct bolt on, for non ICd trucks when I pulled off my IC for a science experiment, :mad2::mad2::mad2:, took time to grab those pieces & parts to make it bolt on. I think Slim will be sending last of it after the new year, so hopefully Bill will have something in the Spring that will compliment the ATT.

Back