• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

A Team Turbo install

Matt- new turbo is a perfect time to reroute/upgrade exhaust. DO IT!!

LOL... I know I know..... Apparently my

Wheel Hub Assy
Front Axle
Starter
Power Steering Pump
Alternator
Tires

Wanted some replacement... If only my GM-8 Would crap out!!! ...

Then there's the family...

Apparently they want

Roof
Food
Heat
Electricity....

Then theres the Luxury of 'self employed'

Apparently they want

Liability Ins
Workmans Comp.
Cell PHone
Fax Line

ALL I WANT IS A 4" Exhaust DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, MAKE IT SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

snow...:)
For your sake I hope we get plenty up your way but I personally have seen enough. It was a huge PIA for me. ON the weekends OK but during the week it's rough leaving at 5am.

I'm wondering if i should just change my front hub assby since the truck has 178K on it and the rotors are basically welded on with rust. even if they are not bad they probably will be after i burn the rotors off with Mr. Hotwrench.

I'm wondering if i should just change my front hub assby since the truck has 178K on it and the rotors are basically welded on with rust. even if they are not bad they probably will be after i burn the rotors off with Mr. Hotwrench.

Unfortunately they aren't cheap by any means.... So the decision is a big one, gonna be about 500bux for the pair. Ouch. I just did the one, and hope the ABS light will go off on the other one before it fails, and takes out my othersides axle, or worse.

I just did my right front...Dealer wanted something like $460.00 and with my 30% discount I paid $300.00.

HD hub is a monster, Machine shop had to seperate and reinsatll the rotor....real PIA.

sounds of that making me miss my ford...

Mine came apart fairly easy with the help of a torch setup. Impossible otherwise. I never-siezed the piss out them, but hopefully it will last another 120k+ miles...

Can't really complain seeing how you have 180k on yours now, and as far as you know are still good.

IMO I like everything about a solid front axle better.

They say IFS gives better ride though, maybe good for suburns/tahoes, but trucks are trucks, who cares if they ride like a truck.

So is there any fuel mileage benefit??? I am VERY interested in this setup, might have to work extra hard this summer to get one.....

Back