• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

A Team Turbo install

JoeyD where do you live cause MAtt is not that far from me either. I'd like to see it.

I am in Arlington. You boys are always welcome to come over and talk truck. Let me know when you guys want to swing over and we can make it happen.

Count me in as well. Howz the new turbo?

Bad thing is, if you put 4 6.5 together, odds are, one of them isn't going to make it home on its own!! LOL

New turbo does what is expected. Possibly a loss of power off the line but after that it's much better. On the highway you notice a big difference in acceleration. This is with my low power issue which I hope to solve at some point.

It's in. I have to button up a few things still but the turbo work is done. New belt, tensioner pulley and I am rollin.
I ended up making a new glow plug harness for the passenger side out of a new van harness I had, changed out the glow controller as well. Just makes sense to do it all at once.

Once you get your restricted fuel issue out of the way you will se some real improvements. The A-Team Turbo (ATT) loves exhaust heat.

Are there any HP numbers with these installed yet? I'm a d-max guy, but I was reading the big thread the other day. Kind of interesting. How does this compare with a d-max when you have this and the usual goodies you guys put on?

Are there any HP numbers with these installed yet? I'm a d-max guy, but I was reading the big thread the other day. Kind of interesting. How does this compare with a d-max when you have this and the usual goodies you guys put on?

No idea on HP but 0-60mph in about 10 sec. with my 95
Leo​

No numbers yet, when I had my GM-8 I could keep up with & sometimes depending on driver beat stock early D-Max, our endpoint generally is starting point of the DMAX, IDI & all.

I suspect but have no side by side comparison to say 100% proof positive that a ATT equipped/reflashed etc. will out pull stock Dmax, but I'm confident it is as strong as one.

Alas no plug & play tuners for us older trucks, we have to work at it. We take what we can get out of them though, with the 6.5 it's not about 0-60 it's about point A to point B and if something happens to prevent point A to B, how easy and inexpensive the 6.5 is to recover from that, that puts a grin on our face. A paid for long time ago, easily repaired, Diesel fueled economical strong pulling truck.

Joey how do you like your new turbo a few months later?

The more I drive it the better it is. Merging on the highway is so much better now. I need to install a complete exhaust as I have about 5' of strait pipe so it's loud as heck so I can't hear the turbo.

The more I drive it the better it is. Merging on the highway is so much better now. I need to install a complete exhaust as I have about 5' of strait pipe so it's loud as heck so I can't hear the turbo.

I think that may be the biggest draw back to the A-Team Turbo, the loud exhaust noise. :D Sure is nice when the Ford and D-max guys roll along side you and try to figure out what is under the hood :eek: that is making that loud rumble, from the exhaust. Couldn't be 6.5 they don't sound like that, :mad2: guess again I tell them, then they have to see it to believe it. :confused:

I think that may be the biggest draw back to the A-Team Turbo, the loud exhaust noise. :D Sure is nice when the Ford and D-max guys roll along side you and try to figure out what is under the hood :eek: that is making that loud rumble, from the exhaust. Couldn't be 6.5 they don't sound like that, :mad2: guess again I tell them, then they have to see it to believe it. :confused:

Sounds like the only drawback... A defanite winner you picked Slim... The happy day will come for me someday installing the ATT in my pig... Can't wait... unfortunately, I have too. Preventive maintenance and a long overdue Exhaust must come first.

The turbo noise on mine has increased as it's broken in. In the beginning I could hardly hear it, now it is noticeable. The exhaust rumble is sweet.

Leo

Back