• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

A Team Turbo install

Joey D

Reaction score
Started the install tonight. Have the old GM 8 out. 3 pedistal bolts came out very easy, 1 sucked I had to grind off the nut with a die grinder which was very easy.
Oil supply line was corroded at the fitting and broke when I removed the nut off the turbo. Drainback tube bolts didn't want to come out so I had to cut the tube
All this took less than 1hr so not a bad job so far. I will get the new supply line, drainback tube and pedistal studs and nuts tomorrow and install the new turbo. I look forward to running it.

Good luck, you'll like it. A word of advice, put the short drain pipe on the turbo before mounting it on the manifold. Leo

just watch downpipe clearance, for any rub or contact. I didn't remove the gp, but would have made it slightly easier. over all a very easy swap-great kit, thanks slim

Lots of parts out of stock at the dealer. Sitting until tomorrow.

Looks like some parts are back ordered. Are the studs and nuts holding the turbo to the manifold anything special? Can I just use a grade 8 bolt?

Looks like some parts are back ordered. Are the studs and nuts holding the turbo to the manifold anything special? Can I just use a grade 8 bolt?

My turbo is held on with 4 bolts. I think the only thing special about them is that they're probably metric, so you're looking for some with a 10.9 rating. Checker Auto has 10.9 metric bolts in our local stores.

My turbo was installed by a stealer. The studs must've been backordered then too.

Joey, I'd like to get a look at your install, when you're done, if you don't mind. My ATT is still in the box until I heal up enough to install it.

Joey, I'd like to get a look at your install, when you're done, if you don't mind. My ATT is still in the box until I heal up enough to install it.

Come on down, I will do the install for you. As soon as this is in I will install the GL4 I have sitting here as well.
I will put a parts list together for anyone who searches in the future so all the GM #'s will come up. It would be a 2-3hr job max if you had all the parts sitting ready to go.
I envy those who live out west with no rust issues.

Come on down, I will do the install for you. As soon as this is in I will install the GL4 I have sitting here as well.
I will put a parts list together for anyone who searches in the future so all the GM #'s will come up. It would be a 2-3hr job max if you had all the parts sitting ready to go.
I envy those who live out west with no rust issues.

Exciting stuff. I live in worcester, when you planning on this ATT install? Exciting 6.5 stuff happening right around the corner from me!!!!

I'm all excited here now :) lol... Seriously if you need a hand let me know. I do everything from problem solve to holding the light :)

I may actually meet another 6.5 enthusiast face to face after 4 years....

My install will finish tomorrow night as long as the parts get here. All is welcome just pm me and swap numbers.

Lots of parts out of stock at the dealer. Sitting until tomorrow.

I pm'ed JoeyD because the turbo should have had everything needed but two 3/4 heater hose clamps. SO got a call from him and I did give him all of the parts needed :thumbsup: was worried and thought I had old timers for a second, :eek: What were we discussing ? :D, The kit should have everything, so if it doesn't for some reason, I will make it right. No if, and, or buts, here.

Last edited:
I should have looked through the box better, the parts I needed were in there. Dennis gave me the run down and sent me an extra set of directions. Going to finish it tonight and I will report back.

I pm'ed JoeyD because the turbo should have had everything needed but two 3/4 heater hose clamps. SO got a call from him and I did give him all of the parts needed :thumbsup: was worried and thought I had old timers for a second, :eek: What were we discussing ? :D, The kit should have everything, so if it doesn't for some reason, I will make it right. No if, and, or buts, here.

Now that's customer service!!!! Wish I had some extra $$$ this upgrade would be a no brainer.

Now that's customer service!!!! Wish I had some extra $$$ this upgrade would be a no brainer.

That is nothing more than what someone deserves when they purchase something. They should get everything as promised, you make a deal you stick to it, none of this uh well ah maybe but. Way to much of that BS out there. :D

):h

It's in. I have to button up a few things still but the turbo work is done. New belt, tensioner pulley and I am rollin.
I ended up making a new glow plug harness for the passenger side out of a new van harness I had, changed out the glow controller as well. Just makes sense to do it all at once.

I wish. I am in Michigan until wednesday. Stay away from my house, if my turbo is missing when I get home I will be mad:D

Back