• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

99 k2500 Suburban...12548265

willis

Reaction score
Hello All. I'm new here but have read this thread regarding GMT 400 flintstone brakes. Very Informative.
I have a 99 k2500 Sub. 7.4 with JD7 hydroboost. After this artic freeze I would like to get this dormant ( 8 mo. ) vehicle moving again.
I intend on doing the DRW rotors, calipers, pads, rear shoes and wheel cyls.

I am in need of the 12548265 proportioning valve...Discontinued and no luck finding one. Does anyone have one???
Will a 1 Ton valve work (80-20 ?) if I can't locate an NOS ?
Also very interested in using a GMT 800 Master cyl. Any thoughts?

Thanks, Bill...Oklahoma

I’m no help with finding them exact part, but in case you cannot – remember there is aftermarket adjustable proportioning valve available from places like summit and jegs.
They don't work for us since our proportioning valve is part of the ABS unit. You would have to delete the ABS to go to a differet prop valve. As to finding a valve, I'm no help. I have 1 left for my Tahoe for when I do my disc swap on it, but I've heard there is none left in dealer inventory. I don't know of any vehicle that came with this updated valve stock. I keep hoping maybe LMC will step up and start offering them since these gmt400's have gotten so popular.

Somebody needs to. There is ALOT of gmt400's, full size vans, S-10's, Blazers, AND Dodge's out there that used this Kelsey Hayes system and have NO replacement proportioning valves out there for them. They made the valve mount into the pump where the lines connect to the valve, so you can't just bypass it unless you delete the ABS.

I could see Dorman start remanufacturing them as they're now doing this for the FORD proportioning valves with rear wheel abs that incorporated the abs into the proportioning valve.

Speaking of brake part manufacturers for when OE is no longer available, Cardone is also in that game.

Had to replace RABS valve unit (rear ABS for the non-Ferd types in the group) in the OBS and Cardone was the only manufacturer. Did not feel like going the bone yard route as chances were good that there were no good used OE units.

Back