• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

98 K2500 ECSB 7.4L 5-SPEED

@THEFERMANATOR I haven't found the right guides from Comp yet, only ones i have found are GM Performance 12562369, And a new set of push rods was supplied p/n 7815-16 from Comp.

I noticed yesterday when I put the battery in, the interior and courtesy lights stay on. Bad door switch maybe?

If ya open my clothes dryer door, ya might find a penny glued in place for suck an issue...
Idk if any of my rigs now have that fix but I have done it to a few over the years.

@smokymtn65, yes, it does! My '98 Burb has the delay for the dome and courtesy lights. Comes in handy when you need to see in the garage to find the light switch for the garage to unload stuff.

@n8in8or Thanks , I went against recommendations (of course) and put the new guide plate in and new push rods. dropped valve covers on it, stole battery out of the Burb and hit the key. It fired up almost immediately. Had a miss, put the Tech2 on cylinder 8 was dead, that is the one that had bent push rod. I was sad. got out decided to look it over and then noticed one plug wire off of distributor, plugged it up runs like a champ. It has some kind of glass pack on it. IT MUST GO! lol now time to put a 0411 on it, step 1

I guess I AM to old! LOL Frankly my friend it sounds like S%#T . I like the low growl not something that sounds like it's throwing up!
Oh come on! Get a barefoot gas pedal, an 8-track player and then you're Joe Dirt approved! Life's a garden, dig it!

ps. I agree. I like mellow exhaust. The stock exhaust on the Envoy is starting to get blown out so I'm trying to figure out something mellow that won't rob horses.

My 402 BBC equipped 72 Monte Carlo had a pair of 24" Thrush glas-packs on it in place of the factory turbo mufflers, dumped in front of the rear axle. As I recall, not too bad for noise inside the car driving out on the highway. With the 2.73 rear, it was only turning 2000 rpm @ 60mph.

I remember the Thrush Mufflers, they had the picture of the Road Runner on them. They sounded pretty good, my cousin had a 1973 Dodge Charger with the 400 Magnum engine, dual exhaust out the back, with Thrush Mufflers.

My 69 Camaro with various small blocks through the years ran different headers and glass packs. On e in a while they went in the truck and ran just the tuned collectors. 3.08, 4.10, weren’t bad but the 5.56 going down the hiway- wowzer. I LOVED slipping it into neutral and go wide open throttle for a few seconds at a time going under bridges, or best was in the big parking garages downtown. Circus Circus was the best because when guys would do it you could hear it 1/4 mile away from how the sound carried out of there.

The favorite 3 answers was
7 miles per gallon
2 miles per cop stop
21 tickets

Guess it’s a good think I didn’t drive that a 4th year. Haha

Back