• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

95 trans

Well I appriciste everyone of yalls input the truck is running and moving on its own again now I'm gonna give a little hell here to everyone including myself cause bot a damn one of us thought of the transfer case getting knocked into ****ing neutral so that's all it was the whole time

Wow! So awesome you found it and it wasn’t a big chunk of money!

Bad thing on me was about a week ago I watched that older YouTube video of the newlyweds where the husbands leg humped the tcase shifter while she was doing her first offroading ever, at moab titled “the crash”- kinda the greatest known video from moab, where he did the hill up,down, up again heating the breaks, then had her drive down. brakes failed, hit a bump and uis leg hit case shifter to neutral. People made joke a woman driver- but she did a great job keeping it straight.
BUT I knew it getting into N was the corfin nail.

Also I usually think to ask t-case because i grew up solving off-roading problems. :facepalm:

Haha I bet that would be a hell of a video to watch from moab and man it's always the most simple of things sometimes that cause the biggest issues of everything and the bad part also is I've put a truck in park when the transfer case was in neutral and heard the sound my truck was making but it never clicked that could be the problem and ok will do thank you all

Here is the short video of it. Somewhere is the whole point hing they did on tv back then.
Utah closed that part of moab shortly after this. Something like 20 deaths there alone, but not this couple- both hurt hut lived.
Check out how she corrected enough to not go off the side but not so much as to roll- good steering skills imo.

Holy hell that's some crazy ass shit man I'll have to try and find that whole video and man that's some hella skill to keep that thing straight and not roll off that hill and I would doubt it that looks like a people killing mtn lol

They tried keeping it closed but people broke the fence and still played on it.
Eventually they auctioned off that part of the land and its closed now for hat it is private property.
Here is a side view of it. Usually deaths occured when people go up and turn around, misjudging the edge and go off the side. Or loose traction at the 65° Part of it and panic locking brakes and sliding off the side.

different angle of it.

B9D55FD1-F480-4A76-8425-3BCB0471295D.png

Well I appriciste everyone of yalls input the truck is running and moving on its own again now I'm gonna give a little hell here to everyone including myself cause bot a damn one of us thought of the transfer case getting knocked into ****ing neutral so that's all it was the whole time

Ah yes the simple stuff, not throwing parts at it, and MAN enough to admit what it was. :happy: We know you are grinning that it wasn't expensive! The park pawl had to have made noise going back into park when the T case was in "N" and engine running...

Back