• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

95 SUBURBAN to a 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON

Since it's about 95% done now I took some pics for the insurance company today and figured I would put em here as well. I still have to finish up the air filter mount, put yet another shift shaft seal in the tranny(can't figure out why it is fine for a few eeks then starts leaking, this will be the 3rd seal) and get the windshield leak fixed. Most of the front end is back on and it's in mostly driveable condition as well though and waiting for insurance and a tag so I can go break her in a bit:D.
HPIM1042.jpg

HPIM1043.jpg

HPIM1044.jpg

HPIM1045.jpg

HPIM1046.jpg

HPIM1041.jpg

HPIM1047.jpg

HPIM1051.jpg

HPIM1050.jpg

HPIM1048.jpg

HPIM1049.jpg

Very nice!:thumbsup:
All you're missing is a D/A badge or 2 on the outside...:D

I'm still up in the air on the badge deal. Don't know if I want to advertise what is lurking under the hood or go for the sleeper. I went out and loaded in a DSP2 program with a stock and the MCRAT 20/20 tune and let's just say this thing will flat out MOVE! Need to tweak the tune a little though at idle as it is pretty touchy and lopes a little in gear cold on the 20/20.

I'm still up in the air on the badge deal. Don't know if I want to advertise what is lurking under the hood or go for the sleeper. I went out and loaded in a DSP2 program with a stock and the MCRAT 20/20 tune and let's just say this thing will flat out MOVE! Need to tweak the tune a little though at idle as it is pretty touchy and lopes a little in gear cold on the 20/20.

Leave (or put) the 6.5 Diesel Turbo stickers on the hood. No one will bad mouth your 6.5 again!!! :)

Very nice work! I can only hope mine is as nice when it's finished. Be SURE to let us know how it runs! :D

I'm playing around with a mild tune right now, but hopefully I can get a video of it here soon. Nothing against my old 6.5 but even with 4.10's in the 6.5 compared to the 3.42's with the DMAX, the DMAX will accelerate as fast at 1/4-1/2 throttle as the 6.5 would on the floor. The 6.5 though did have alot more initial accel right off the line, but I'm sure some tuning will help that out.

Looks good!! Needs some more smoke out of the tailpipe, though. ;)

I was thinking I needed a boost valve for it to up it a bit more to clear it up a bit. I do need to add some low end fueling though as it is just too slow to bring the fuel in.

Man does that thing sound wicked...

It's not quite what you expect to hear from a SUBURBAN:D. The CORSA muffler was worth every penny.

Last edited:
Thats awesome right there. I've never actually done that with my truck. Nor did I do that with my last one. Its interesting to see how those LB7's sound so different than the LLY's and LBZ/LMM's.

Thats awesome right there. I've never actually done that with my truck. Nor did I do that with my last one. Its interesting to see how those LB7's sound so different than the LLY's and LBZ/LMM's.

What in the world are you waiting for?! :eek:):h

Back