• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

'95 Engine build

Yes, that is exactly how to install the fan, A light smack on the wrench is plenty. A lot of people just use a big crescent wrench.
Sometimes you have to use a secondary tool to hold the pulley.

I always used a wrench, but was doing that before the air hammer wrench kits ever came out. After using the air hammer wrench kits ai was looking for an excuse to buy one of those full kits but didn’t get the full kit.

I can’t remember what manual says- intend to go as far a wrench turns by hand, then hammer it that smack that tightens about 45° more.
Is there a specification ever given? I never had one come free, but that doesn’t mean there isn’t a proper way I just don’t know.

Up above, the turbo is setting on the manifold and the upper intake is in place.
20240224_181909.jpg
If anyone is wondering, this drain tube CAN go on after the manifold is in place without issue, but I would HIGHLY recommend getting it in place before the heat shield for is in place. I've heard it can be a real challenge otherwise.
1708822594431.png

Since I apparently miss things from time to time, I left this harness for the injection pump off until today rather than fitting it up and laying it in the valley before I installed the lower intake. I wouldn't recommend it though. If anyone wonders, it CAN be routed underneath but it isn't without it's challenges.
1708823441148.png
Since the upper intake will be getting changed soon, I didn't see any need to paint like the rest. It's ugly for the moment.

If the Bill Hirsch coating I have holds up, then I'm pretty happy with it. I like the way it looks on the cast pieces. Even brushed on, it still looks smooth. We'll see how it goes after some heat cycles, though.

Yours looks really good but after all the steel part I had powdercoated cracked the coating around the bolts, I'm not a huge fan. Maybe there's a flexing agent in the automotive parts typically that these didn't get. My first experience with the powdercoated parts hasn't really been a great one.

Nice! I do have a question.... is that an aftermarket hood? I noticed it's solid on the under side with what looks like breathing holes near the back.

One point on the powder coating of the upper and lower intake. Bolts making contact with the intake’s bare aluminum surface provides a path to ground for the Air Intake Sensor. My AIT sensor couldn’t get a path to ground until some coating was removed around the bolt holes (at least one).

Back