• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

94 C3500 350 NV4500 squealing

Luckily these guys call me before they buy fluid and I tell them to hit up the Dodge dealer. If I do theirs I will pull them and swap them at Blumenthals for remans with brass synchro.

Mine is getting amsoil.

Truck is running and driving now. Full amsoil fill. I will say it takes more finesse to shift. It doesn't grind rather it doesn't jump right into gear. It is overall quieter

Glad you got it. Did you see anything wrong with the throwout or did it feel worn out?

Hopefully it will improve a bit as the clutch disc burnishes the match to flywheel and pressure plate. As much as I am a fan of Amsoil and have it in my NV4500 I think Castrol Syntorq is the best lube for the NV4500 factory transmission. I don't trust dealers haven't repackaged a spec'ed equivalent so its a bit of gamble on a dodge, gm dealer, or a transmission shop that repackages castrol like quad 4x4 dot com.

It's still the original clutch and flywheel. I just did the pilot and throw out bearing as well as slave cylinder and line.

The throw out bearing came out in 3 pieces, the piece in the fork looked normal be the center piece that rides the input was pretty well gone.

@tanman_2006 what did you buy for clutch hydraulics brand wise?

Eventually I would love to go back to the OEM steel line and components, but to get through the spring rush I need to probably do one of the pre-bled complete kits like what is allready on here thanks to the PO.

IIRC rock auto had a good price on a LUK kit.

I used Napa. It was heavier than the line that blew once I laid them side by side.

A prebled kit was a 5 day wait from Napa, the line was on hand and the slave was over night. Didn't take 2 min to bleed.

good to know, thanks. I will check Napa. Oreilly has their store brand line in stock, so I might go that route.

Was the napa line metal or poly?

It was poly to the engine tabs and metal to the slave.

It was made in Mexico iirc. Not top of the line I'm sure but for the little beater it wasn't bad.

Back