• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

93 IP?

I should have worded differently: what is the rpm when cranking cold? What is rpm when ranking hot?

I read somewhere, and I think it was in a military repair manual (although I can not find it again), that the 6.5 needs 100 rpm to fire cold and 150 rpm to fire hot. The question remains...What is your cranking rpm?

i don't know the rpm of cranking.....it seems to crank as fast as my burb.....might just need a faster starter the engine in it has around 240,000 on it...

I would not go throwing money at it just to see, if you have a spare lying around then maybe swap to see. No tach on yours? Did you try the cold water on ip when it wouldn't fire to see if that changes it?

The engine being turned over by starter is high speed but not a lot of torque. Bump starting can achieve same speed or higher, and induces more torque so the speed is not hampered by resistance of compression, detonation, etc.

The problem is it could still be 1 of multiple problems. I would start to diag it like its a truck you just bought, forget the "new" stuff on there and go from the beginning. Not fun but effective.

Mine acted the same, bad hot start. Changed a lot of parts, did not help. Turns out it was the starter even though the cranking speed sounded fine to the ear. Now hot or cold it fires up almost instantly.

Mine acted the same, bad hot start. Changed a lot of parts, did not help. Turns out it was the starter even though the cranking speed sounded fine to the ear. Now hot or cold it fires up almost instantly.

Get some jugs of cold water or if your at home, pull out the garden hose. Hot soak and try to start, if no, soak the pump with cold water, if she fires right up, the H@R are worn out and it wasn't replaced OR the transfer pump is dead inside the IP. Gonig thru this right now, :(

Get some jugs of cold water or if your at home, pull out the garden hose. Hot soak and try to start, if no, soak the pump with cold water, if she fires right up, the H@R are worn out and it wasn't replaced OR the transfer pump is dead inside the IP. Gonig thru this right now, :(
Is this the same treatment you give the girl in your avatar?:ciappa:

Back