• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

93 IP?

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
Reaction score
i had my IP rebuilt 4 months ago for a hot no start.....it has went back to them 3 times and they can't get it right.....still the same trouble.....hard to start after being ran and then setting for over 20 min's.......tired of removing it and shipping it back and forth.....

who would do me a good job at a fare price?

They have to replace the head and rotor to fix this issue. It is an expensive part to change. Your IP price will reflect this as the cheaper rebuilds don't change this fail prone part out.
To save money bury the fuel screw on a 6.2 IP. It has more than enough fuel for the factory turbo. (Takes about 1/2 turn to max the 6.5 factory turbo on a 6.2 IP.)

I am assuming they r&r the head and rotor. If not you need to never do business there again.

93 GP controllers don't come on when the engine is 'hot'. GP override helps start a bad head and rotor IP.

Have you checked the usual suspects? 12v at the IP and lift pump working? I have had no/hard hot start over bad lift pumps/plugged screens/socks. The worst was a hose that would kink shut when hot behind the FFM.

If they haven't changed out the head and rotor and are shipping you the same pump over and over, yeah, it isn't going to fix hot start issues.

i have 12v to the IP.....lift pump at 7psi.......new fuel tank and sending unit.....don't think i have a kinked line but i will check.....i never took it apart to see if the rotor and head where new.......just took there word for it it was changed....

Maybe they hid a PMD on it somewhere?:hihi:

Sure sounds like head/rotor. Is it a 4911 pump? They were real bad as far as needing new head/rotor.
Have you played with timing, bats are strong and spinning engine fast when hot?

Given that have you asked if they did change the head and rotor out and again due to continued issues? It is possible the metering valve (a known wear item) is sticking closed when hot.
Does the cold water trick get it to start?

Sounds like you are on the right track to get it solved. Look for refunds etc. later.

X2 on conestoga diesel doing a good job.

Back