• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

93 6.5 with 4l80e limp mode no codes

Matthew Sites

Reaction score
Greetings from Mitchell,Indiana
My 17 year old son just bought a 93 k2500 4x4 with 6.5. While driving it it shift perfect. (Maybe a little converter chater)
Stop to fuel with truck running. Pull away ans is in 2nd ans will not come out. No codes or anything. Changed 2 selenoids worked perfect for about 40 miles. Stopped and same thing. Cleaned harnesses drove good and then same thing. It has to be something simple. Can you pull codes dorectly from tranny? As none are coming thru obd1
Thanks in advance
Matthew

Welcome.

That is 2nd gear “limp” mode. Should be it resets every time you restart the engine. Mine did it on and off for a while, if I downshifted when stopping it wouldn’t happen. Turned out for me that when I was doing a trans filter swap, I pinched the wires inside the trans. Examine the transmission wiring harness closely, chaffing will ground out on outside of trans and cause same issue.

As said above, 2nd gear only is limp mode. I'm not sure if you need a scanner to read codes or not since it's only a trans controller and a ECM, i don't recall if theres even a service engine light or not for 91-93 4l80e equipped diesel trucks. You could have a loss of power to the trans or controller, bad ground, poor connection at the trans plug, TPS, temp sensor, speed sensor, and so on. You gotta find out what its seeing to go furthur with it.

Back