• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.5L 9 blade fans

Redrill? oh you mean the fan bolt pattern for the clutch. maybe, if it fits on the old style clutch centered I could redrill for the 6 bolt pattern. what is the inside diameter hole measurement? I'll measure mine and also see if there is some centering tabs on it. ultimately I will need to convert to the newer style pump, at least that is what i'm planning on doing when my current pump decides to fail.

Hmm.. I just looked up by application for a 97 model clutch and see that the photo on AAP shows a 4 bolt clutch with the 4 bolt fan pattern. mine has the 6 bolt pattern for the fan to clutch. I wonder if this will work just by ordering this type of clutch?

1626708840407.png

Here's the clutch on mine...
1626708950921.png

If he don’t want them both, I’ll take one from you Ak.

I have been wanting another one so I don’t have to keep swapping fans over when I’m changing out fan clutches every time I haul around the tractor or mini excavator.

Hmm.. I just looked up by application for a 97 model clutch and see that the photo on AAP shows a 4 bolt clutch with the 4 bolt fan pattern. mine has the 6 bolt pattern for the fan to clutch. I wonder if this will work just by ordering this type of clutch?

View attachment 66028

Here's the clutch on mine...
View attachment 66029

Yes. Order one from a 1997 and it will work with the low output or high output 4 bolt pump.

lol I was just messing with AK. I have one of the fan blades I got from him. I didn't end up using it after all since at the last minuet going with the electric style fan clutch. if someone does need one in the future it's available.

lol I was just messing with AK. I have one of the fan blades I got from him. I didn't end up using it after all since at the last minuet going with the electric style fan clutch. if someone does need one in the future it's available.
Oh boy, guess I should have looked at the title, I was thinking this is AKs thread about the electro/viscous conversion thread. 🤷‍♂️😹😹😹

Realize this is an old post, would you happen to still have the fan and how much would you want for it?

Back