• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.5L 9 blade fans

I just looked on both UPS and Fedex for a quote. it looks like shipping is around $42 -50 depending on weight. I will need to take it once packed in a box down to the local shipping store to get an exact weight., but just guessing that's about right. I think I paid around 80 with shipping from Alaska to Texas.

I will try to get down there this weekend and get the cheapest rate, I found a heavy duty box at work that I think it will fit in perfectly. and post a photo of the fan too :) it's gonna be a busy weekend, the wife is making tamales and menudo to sell on Saturday.

Just wondering if you had a chance to get a shipping cost for the fan?

I guess I'll go with the duramax fan, how much trimming of the fan shroud is needed?

About 1/2 “
You can trim the fan also. Imo that is better.
Hummers can not trim the fanshroud, so they only trim the fan. Leroy sells them pre trimmed.

oh crap! I had forgot all about the fan. if you still want, I will get it boxed up this weekend. yes the d-max fan is a better option over the 9 blade steel. Rock Auto has them for around $25 plus if you look on their forum post in the vendor section, they provide us all with a 5% discount code to use.

the fan I ordered from them was listed under a 2010 express van with the 6.6 d-max. also went with the electro-viscous fan clutch from the same vehicle (Delco only) and a Hayden fan controller. this setup will allow you to control what temp the fan engages plus have the "on with AC" option and have a override switch in the cab with needed with towing on a grade. @ak diesel driver did a write-up on this with the cooling upgrade.

Here is a link to their forum post

Back