• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

89 Jeep Cherokee Pioneer 4x4 4.0 - $900 (56th and Emerson)

I aint buying the story. If it truly just needs the radiator put back in, thats a 20 m8nute job TOPS! When I see ads like this, my spidey senses tingle, and I call BS.

sometimes you can luck out on these, people don't know or care. got my 94 explorer a couple months ago for $800. a couple trips to the junkyard and auto parts store and it's running great.

I owned an 86. There was some nightmare problem with passing smog to the point they had forced recall modification - can't remember what.
Also the hydraulic clutches had problems.
Other than those 2 items it was ok until it got stolen from in my house. I used to live in a not so fun neighborhood.

As for the no time to fix it story just flip a coin. It happens, but not as often as people lying to make a buck.

I owned an 86. There was some nightmare problem with passing smog to the point they had forced recall modification - can't remember what.
Also the hydraulic clutches had problems.
Other than those 2 items it was ok until it got stolen from in my house. I used to live in a not so fun neighborhood.

As for the no time to fix it story just flip a coin. It happens, but not as often as people lying to make a buck.
86 was for the most part, a completely different animal. Guessing you had the GM 2.8L TURD! Those things were a NIGHTMARE, and cost AMC a FORTUNE(just another nail in there coffin at the time).

I can't remember now. It got around 17-18 mpg, and had plenty of power. It was decent off road. If a person lived where no smog check was done it was great.

Back