• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

88GMCtruck's 99 6.5L Towpig slow build.

is this all done in the dash? im pretty handy with a wrench but the electircal side has always been difficult for me. is there a thread about this somewhere that i missed if so can some one direct me? i did a search a while back and didnt find what i was looking for.

just take it one step at a time. get your relay(s), find the numbers on the relay, connect the wires you will be using to connect to the factory wires and mark them with masking tape(that way you won't have to keep looking at the computer). the relay gets put under the hood as well as all the wires. only thing going to the cab is the switch but you can tap into the power at the fuse panel from the switch. i had it wired on the 96 this way. i have a few relays now so when i do it to the 93, i will use 2 of them. going to hook up the Headlight Relay Wiring Mod next, after this.

2 other good ones:
http://www.rowand.net/Shop/Tech/WiringHeadlightRelays.htm
HeadlightRelayWiringDiagram.jpg

http://www.67chevyii.com/tech/headlights/relayinstall.htm

Well, I'm happy to report that the towpig is still running strong. I recently did an oil change and everything went smoothly. I also moved the foglights farther back into the airdamn, installed a new HVAC control with Rear Defrost control and hooked the heated mirrors up to it. Last weekend I had a battery crap out on me so I replaced both with new units from Costco.

I also snapped these picts while out Deer hunting recently.
2011-10-29_08-05-24_586.jpg

2011-10-29_08-04-41_548.jpg

2011-10-29_08-06-12_319.jpg

2011-10-29_08-02-50_639.jpg

2011-10-29_08-09-57_624.jpg

2011-10-29_09-06-59_110.jpg

Ah I see. The bids are still in there and not awarded so the contractor that gets the tunnel part will buy the TBM. Once he finalizes the machine specs the TBM manufacturer will finish the design. It's probably 90% designed anyhow because they know what kind of ground they have. If it's rock, I imagine Robbins will get it. He's from Washington anyhow. Big $ in that field. I loved it!

Ok I'll stop messing up your thread. If you can get info on the TBM in the way of pics let me know. Thanks. No hurry.
Glad you got the job man!
I'll clean up this thread later.

As much as it saddens me to say it, the 99 is for sale.

Why you ask? First off, owning 3 trucks is much more difficult than one might think. I've lately been working a ton and trying to lower my bills so I can save up and buy a house. The simple fact of the matter is this truck was the last one to come into my stable and therefore the first to go as I have less attachement to it. Sure it's more practical in the fact that it's a 3/4ton, longbox extended cab, but the 88 and the 02 have more sentimental value to me. The 02 is still practically brand new (it has 35k on it currently) so getting rid of it would be kinda pointless. And I've put too much effort and money into the 88.

So, I've removed a few items I planned to keep: Toolbox, compressor, airbags and mirrors all came off. I put the mirrors back on the 88.

We'll see if I have any takers on it. If it doesn't sell for a good price then I might end up keeping it, who knows.

........, owning 3 trucks is much more difficult than one might think..............................
i had 2 trucks and a diesel rabbit. i know how impractical it is. one of them, at some point, had dead batteries. i said too many times to drive them at least once every other week but when you have to move sat radios, work eq each time, i found myself getting too attached to the 93 and the others would drain. i feel your pain.
i'm down to 2 now and will be getting rid of the 96 soon, although i've had it 11 years, because the 93 is bigger and gets better mileage.

i had 2 trucks and a diesel rabbit. i know how impractical it is. one of them, at some point, had dead batteries. i said too many times to drive them at least once every other week but when you have to move sat radios, work eq each time, i found myself getting too attached to the 93 and the others would drain. i feel your pain.
i'm down to 2 now and will be getting rid of the 96 soon, although i've had it 11 years, because the 93 is bigger and gets better mileage.

Ha!

Try a truck, wife's car, the 300M, the Mustang, the 62 Thunderbird and two motorcycles.....

Yeesh.......way to many cars for two drivers.

What the hell is wrong with me?

;)

My parents have multiple vehicles as well. 09 GMC, 03 Mini, 97 Camaro, 84 Itasca Motorhome, 79 silverado, 75 silverado, and a 73 CJ5.

Right now my problem is trying to drive the 88. The building I work at has a 6' clearance in the parking garage!

In another life and another time I'd buy that truck in a heartbeat. I'll be making some changes to my "fleet" here soon. For a short (hopefully) time I'll have 5 vehicles parked on my postage stamp driveway. Feel like a used car lot.....

Welp, the time has come.

After removing a few key mods i wanted to keep (mirrors, toolbox, compressor, airbags) and giving it a final cleaning, the 99 went up for sale. I have hardly used it since I moved, and since I've been trying to save money for other things, I decided it was better to let this one go.

Today, 99 has left my fleet to to live on in another life. A nice guy bought the truck for his daughter to take to college where she'll be studying agg ed. They own a few GMT400 trucks already, all gas 1/2tons though.

I'm sad to see it go, I hope it is treated well by the new owners and serves them well. I can honestly say the truck left me in much better shape than I received it in, and I'm glad to have given it a new purpose.

So ends this chapter.

Back