• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

84 K-10

Haha, my old truck was the same way when I sold it. Forest green front fenders w/maroon OEM flares, black bumper grill filler panel, maroon original cab and bed, mis-matched maroon doors and a tan tailgate. If I still had it today I would rather drive it than the new Ram.
I had another one just as ugly, it was lifted 3in with 33s on it, My brother and I would take it to Atlanta for trade shows downtown, Never had to worry about changing lanes, getting stolen, or scratched! It was the one I put the NV4500 in. That truck was a blast!

@Husker6.5

I guess I should move over here and not hijack the other thread any more! lol it 's had a few pieces of venison in the bed, none in or on the grill that i know of! lol
You should move out here, White Tail and Mule Deer everywhere! Four hunting seasons. Rifle, Blackpowder, Bow and Bumper! And they're all corn and sorghum fed - tender, juicy and taste like baby beef - no "gamey" taste to them!

Well Old Sid died yesterday, seems we have an electrical issue. No power to fast idle sol, or glow plugs or gauges. The electric fuel pump is powered /triggered from a key hot from old primary fuel filter so lost fuel pump as well. Late we went and got by hot wiring fuel pump and jump gp relay. Ran fine. Ideas ? Fuseable link maybe?

So Sid has been getting hard to start, I am going to pull the pump and injectors. Question is do I have the original pump gone through or put my 4911 on it?

If there is a db shop you trust, have them test the pump before rebuilding.
I agree on glowplug first also- only AC Delco 60G because the bosch are having a lot of failures now.
If you haven't done one in a while, compression test is always good to know.

How fast is your crank speed?

Easier to start hot, starts ok cold if it had been run in last 24hrs but let it sit a week then it a lot of crank time before fuel smoke.

Clear return and supply line test. Watching for bubbles and fuel flow.

And starting better warm/ hot is sign of weak glowplug / compression side of things- not worn out ip.

Pull plugs and bench test. Do compression check & leak down test while out.

Back