• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

68 C10 Chevy 6.5T

Just giving you a hard time :). I had to do the same (relocate bats) on my Sub and the 96 truck. With the Banks manifold I run the turbo is further forward along with air ducting to it.
Got pics of your duct work?

It isn't in yet neither is the oil cooler just know that's where there going. My plan is to run a 4" tube through the core then the filter. The intercooler piping already took a lot of the space on the right.

O OK. No it was sitting for about 4 months and I needed to make sure it wouldn't freeze that's when I started working on it. I started it up and let it circulate coolant that's when I noticed it pushing oil. I will be getting a drive line in it after Thanksgiving.

Something else that came up I forgot to mention. When I started working on it again I noticed the carpet wet with diesel even under the cab was wet. I found I had cracked the flare on the line from the tank to the bulkhead fitting through the floor. It empty the tank into the cab all over the carpet. I got the carpet cleaned nothing was ruined and made a new line. I ran the fuel pump for an hour and then let it sit before I put the carpet back in. No leaks so I think I am good.

Yikes. That's why my 67 is getting a tank relocation, preferably with one of the fancy Aeromotive tanks with the pump and everything already installed.

You never heard of anyone blowing up or getting burned when in an accident in one of these trucks. I think it is pretty safe.

Now, this isn't Bible,

Not often, but it happened. Usually the hit was fatal because of the lack of seatbelt usage, so the fuel issue didn't apply often.

I had a cousin that was heavy into these trucks, he headed some club for them for this part of the country. He used to retrofit tanks in his shop with the cell foam he bought from me at my truck equipment shop we used in building up armoured sleepers for uncy Sam.

I can't remember what else, but something about a line seal at the top of the tank also. Been racking my brain but can't remember.

He left only one of his own stock, but wouldn't send out a customers rebuilt truck without it. He had around 20 would been my guess.

I dont know details, just vague recollection of his stories from over a decade ago. I wouldn't bother throwing it out there, but this guy was a nut with these and was honest to a fault.

Back