• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

68 C10 Chevy 6.5T

Well I had some bad luck with the starter removed over a dozen times kept jumping teeth. I even got a new starter still did the same I got it meshed pretty good only kicked out once. I got the filters and the fuel system primed had a couple leaks from lines I didn't tighten. I got fuel out of injector lines and hooked them back up. I turned the key let it glow and it RUNS!!! It needs to be timed but it runs great. It was nice and smooth and not rattly. The turbo sounds great and throttle response is awesome.

Thats fantastic news, and I look forward to video of that beauty running. :)

Matt

I will get a video made. I found why it hesitates I thought it was timing but I'm getting a code 35 so pmd is shot. I went to start it and it would fire and then shut down so I am almost sure its a pmd. I still have a lot of work left to do I just needed to hear it run to get some motivation.

Just seeing your build, that's a cool project! I have a 70 C10 that was my first truck....it's frame-off right now and slated to get a 500 Caddy, but maybe it needs that crack-free 6.2 I have??? :rolleyes:

It looks like you stayed with drum brakes on the front, did you know you can swap 73-87 spindles and brakes with just a ball joint swap? My front drums freaked me out more than once and the front disc swap was one of the best things I ever did to it.

Keep up the good work and keep posting updates!

Thanks for all the kind words it is great it came alive and there will be a video. I know when it fire up I had a grin on my face so big. As for the brakes I know about the disk conversion hell you can take a whole 73-87 front cross member complete with a arms and swap it on but I wanted it original. As you can see in the pics I am still using manual brakes no power here. I like the look of the clean firewall. As long as the brakes are in good condition it will stop. Everything for the brakes is new even the drums they are not turned. I think I have seen you post over on the 67-72 board I remember the Caddy 500 part.

Thanks for all the kind words it is great it came alive and there will be a video. I know when it fire up I had a grin on my face so big. As for the brakes I know about the disk conversion hell you can take a whole 73-87 front cross member complete with a arms and swap it on but I wanted it original. As you can see in the pics I am still using manual brakes no power here. I like the look of the clean firewall. As long as the brakes are in good condition it will stop. Everything for the brakes is new even the drums they are not turned. I think I have seen you post over on the 67-72 board I remember the Caddy 500 part.
Interesting about the crossmember, I didn't know that, I'll have to keep that in mind. That's true, with everything new you'll be ok...most of my troubles were in the rain and I'm guessing you won't be driving that beauty in the rain too much :D When I swapped to discs I kept the brakes manual but swapped the master cylinder to the later model one. I agree with you, the firewall does look cleaner without the booster there. You're definitely giving me some inspiration....carry on!

I know what you mean about the rain. I have special shoes made so I will see. I was thinking about going manual disk but in my oppinion manual disk just seem harder. I mean pedal pressure they seem like you really have to get on them to apply them.

I know what you mean about the rain. I have special shoes made so I will see. I was thinking about going manual disk but in my oppinion manual disk just seem harder. I mean pedal pressure they seem like you really have to get on them to apply them.
Oh cool, I'll be interested to hear how those shoes work. Hey.....how come no videos yet??? :p

I just got the last radiator hose in, I will get coolant in it and get going again. I'm almost sure I got the starter fixed came to be defective bolts making it walk over. It also just occurred to me the whole time I have had this build thread know one has said anything about the valve covers. I figured someone would notice.

Had to go back in the thread to look, looks like two pass side covers. The sun is hitting it making it hard to ID.
31758-2d1dd6f068a08997cda8f0907486de4f.jpg

Whats you plan with it?
I just did the same thing so I could install a centrifuge filter.

DSCF1985.JPG

I am doing crankcase evacuation on both banks. With the amount of boost I want to run I need to keep crankcase pressure under control.

Back